Saturday, September 06, 2008

Waiting For Stanley Hockey Pool

D-lee at Red and Black Hockey has set up a Yahoo Sports Fantasy hockey pool, which I joined, and now I've set one up as well.
It can be found here.

HOW TO JOIN

Go to Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey home....(you need a Yahoo account first)
-click "Sign Up Now"
-Then click "Join League"
-then click "Join Custom"
-you will enter a screen that asks for the League ID and password which I have provided below:


League ID: 14033
Password: 2008

Shazam.

-I have 15 spots available, so the draft should get into over 300 players deep. That's more time to get drunk, right?

- It is a points pool, not a rotisserie or head-to-head pool format. I'm keeping this simple.

- Speaking of simple: 1 point for a goal, 1 point for an assist for skaters. Goalies get 2 points for a win and 1 for a shutout. That should put someone like Nabokov in the 100 point range.

-No trading amongst eachother because I don't want the hassle of dealing with bunk trade offers. There will be no maximum player drops. And no waiver rule either. Like I said, I'm keeping this shit simple.

What should the winner get..... bragging rights? How about $100 to the winner's charity of choice? That's what it will be.

The live draft will take place on Sunday September 28 at 3:00 pm Pacific Time.
Damn, I love live drafts! Just talking about it gets me excited that hockey is about to begin again!

T Tags:

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At September 5, 2008 at 7:25 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I generally struggle to keep up with these things...and it seems as though you have kept it somewhat simple...I'm in.

Now...WTF do I do??

 
At September 5, 2008 at 7:30 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Go to Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey home....(you need a Yahoo account first)
-click "Sign Up Now"
-Then click "Join League"
-then click "Join Custom"
-you will enter a screen that asks for the League ID and password which I have provided.

Cool?

 
At September 5, 2008 at 7:37 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll join,GOOD LUCK

 
At September 5, 2008 at 7:45 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I've changed the links on the post and sidebar so that you get directed right to Yahoo Sports fantasy hockey. The other link was wrong. (:

I am so skilled, Gill. I don't need luck! ha

 
At September 6, 2008 at 9:06 a.m. , Blogger Mike said...

I'm in like a dirty shirt. And I'm drafting Wellwood first just to bench his ass all year long. Ha!

 
At September 6, 2008 at 10:57 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

f**king asshole! release your hate!

 
At September 6, 2008 at 11:30 a.m. , Blogger Mike said...

OK, after i draft him first I'll trade him to you. Oh wait... :)

 
At September 6, 2008 at 11:38 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Are you trying to goad me into drafting him higher up? No way, man!
Hey, I am the Commish, I could take him from you....
I kid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.