Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Black Hurricanes

Well, I hate politics. But this joke was sent to me today that I couldn't pass up in regards to Sheila Jackson Lee's (U.S. Rep- Houston) comments last year about Hurricane names not be very racially fair because black people's names are never used. Anyways, a pathetic and irrelevant issue, so here is the joke:

A black congresswoman (Sheila Jackson Lee) reportedly complained
that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding
names. She would prefer some names that reflect
African-American culture such as: Chamiqua, Tanisha,
Woeisha, Shaqueal, and Jamal. She would also like the
weather reports to be broadcast in Language that street
people can understand because one of the problems in New
Orleans is that regular folks couldn't understand the
seriousness of the situation due to the racially biased
language of the weather report.

I can hear it now: A weatherman in Houston reports...

"Wazzup, mutha-fukkas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo'
yo ass like Leroy on a crotch rocket! Bitch be a category
fo'! So grab yo' chirren, yo' Ho, be leavin yo crib, and
head fo' da nearest guv'ment office fo yo FREE shit!"


Hey, I have a legit complaint: I want to see more white people on BET and less black people/rap/hip hop music on Much Music. Is that a fair complaint? Haha. I'm only half serious there.

If I offended anyone with this humor, I don't apologize. I find Mizzuz Lee offensive, myself, after doing some research on her. Whatever. I hate politics.

T Tags:

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At October 2, 2007 at 12:51 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm offended, shocked and dismayed by your insensitivity to this issue. My keyboard is covered in tears and I am barely able to type this through squinted, red eyes.

You horrible monster.

 
At October 2, 2007 at 1:05 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Ah c'mon, you have tears because you were laughing so hard!! haha

Wow, Lee is a bit of an extreme Liberal huh?

 
At October 3, 2007 at 10:20 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee is an idiot. Did you hear about the time when she suggested that NASA's Mars rover drive over to Neil Armstrong's 1969 landing site?

Affirmative action often makes for great comedy.

 
At October 3, 2007 at 11:39 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I haven't followed Lee closely, being an unpolitical northern Canadian, but I do know she has cojured up a lot of insane stuff.

 
At December 7, 2008 at 3:49 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was hilarious. I did not find this joke racist at all. After all, why is it okay to make fun of white people such as John McCain but not a black congresswoman!!

 
At September 8, 2009 at 8:24 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually she wanted neil armstrongs rover to go through south central mars rollin on 22's beeoch! shes nuts

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.