Friday, March 30, 2007

Hart Trophy Poll

That's it. I'm pulling this poll off the sidebar. It appears that 48% of you are:

-Homers
-Out of touch with reality
-Drunk
-Not watching Eastern Conference Games
-Paying attention to John Garrett too much

Hey, I hate Crosby and hate to defend him on most occasions. But when it comes to the Hart Trophy, I think Crosby has it locked up. And that is just my opinion.
Contrary to what most Nuck fans may think, I would not say Luongo is more valuable to the Canucks than Crosby is to the success of the Penguins. Luongo has been great, yes, but the team has been generally superb in front of him. They aren't calling us the New Jersey Devils of the West for nothing!
If anything, Alain Vigneault should win the Jack Adams Award as coach of the year, and perhaps Luongo should win the Vezina.
It's just my opinion. You can butcher me in the comments section all you want. But I stand by my opinion unless someone can prove me wrong.

Technorati Tags:


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At March 30, 2007 at 5:13 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I held my nose and pulled the level for Crosby.

And I hate online polls!

 
At March 30, 2007 at 6:27 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Yeah, I know. Suck it up!

 
At March 30, 2007 at 10:07 p.m. , Blogger James said...

I'm not even a `nux fan (here for the leafs! `67 forever!) but I gotta say without luongo the canuckleheads would be dead in the water. I can definitely see a case for him as MVP..

Sid has it sewn up though. He's scary-good. Now we shall see how he shoulders the playoff pressure!

..unlike Mats and the leafs.. again! *sob*

 
At March 30, 2007 at 10:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it's just me (using firefox on windows xp) but the poll in the sidebar is black text on a black background. error?

 
At March 31, 2007 at 12:34 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

James- the Leafs have a chance still. It seems that the teams in the East that are 8th to 10th really don't have the desire to start winning.

Noah- thanks for the tip. I'll check it in Firefox.

 
At March 31, 2007 at 12:54 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Yup, it was Firefox all right. I put a new poll on that is compatible with both.

 
At March 31, 2007 at 10:46 a.m. , Blogger James said...

Zan- yeah, while the leafs are not mathmatically eliminated, unless Sundin and Tucker kick it up a notch and score a few they're toast. Mats under some kind of Sittler-curse perhaps?

However if they do make it in, I would love a first round upset over the Sabres.. Let Lindy whine a bit more.. Penguins/Leafs conference final!

 
At March 31, 2007 at 1:44 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

One thing is for sure: When the Leafs get into the playoffs they almost always kick it up about 10 notches.

But I give up predicting who is going to take the 8th spot in the East. What a great race it has been.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.