Wednesday, January 17, 2007

5 more things about me

Unreal. There must have been a time early last week that I didn't surf the hockey blogs, because I'm seeing now that I got tagged by both Mike at The Yankee Canuck and Isabella at Stick in Rink back then. I wasn't being a prude. I just missed the bus is all...
Truth be told, I have already done something like this back in August. But hey, just to give you some information-overload, here are 5 more things about me.

1. Most of my years in school were at a Christian School. At the Christian High School, I had the biggest mullet that they had ever seen. I also wore grotesque dark acid-washed pants,black shirts, and high-top Converse running shoes regularily. Yup, I was a rebel of sorts. I smoked cigarettes and pot, and drank on the weekends. Despite all of that, I was still a teacher's pet.

2. In the mid 90's I went through an identity crisis. I was a cross between a skid, hippy, and a redneck. Oh, and I also purchased the first 3 Spice Girls albums....yeesh. I'm going to hell for sure.

3. My first car, in about 1993, was a 1983 Toyota Corolla. Damn, that car never quit. We tried to wreck it and it would keep going. Eventually the motor blew when the oil ran out because of a leak in the main seal. My 2nd car was an '83 Camaro. Picture it...a massive mullet and a bitchin' Camaro. The girls loved it. My 3rd car was a 1984 Corolla. A 4-speed. Myself and a friend of mine took a cutting torch to it and made it into a convertible. Good times. The worst thing about Corolla's was that the door hinges would freeze open when it got below -10. Try driving while holding the door closed on every turn and working the manual transmission! I finally tied my seat belt around the door handle to keep it somewhat shut while I drove.

4. Besides the Spice Girls ordeal,which was inexcusable, I have a few other musical indulgences that some frown upon. Guilty pleasures include:
Abba. Where I'm from, you are gay if you like Abba. Not true. I still listen to it quite often. I grew up listening to them. The voices of Anni-Frid and Agnetha and their harmonies were hard to top. The genius of Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus made Abba more than just a disco band. It was wizardry.
Duran Duran. Sure, you could think of them as just a pretty-boy band. But their music was cutting edge. If you were a teenager especially in the 80's and you didn't like the song 'Wild Boys', then you needed to have your head examined!

5. I have never been further north than Hyder, Alaska, further south than Seattle, further East than Quebec City, and further west than Tofino. Something tells me that that will soon change now that I married a Russian lady who used to listen to the Spice Girls, heheh.

I guess tagging someone now would almost be pointless wouldn't it? It would be like making another Mighty Ducks movie. If not then I would tag Dave at the Canucks Outsider, because I see that he didn't partake!

Labels:

17 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 at 7:14 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hyder, Alaska is further west than Tofino, BC. :-)

Yeah, I'm a smart ass.

Oh, and Abba sucks.

 
At January 17, 2007 at 7:18 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Your taste sucks!
Wow. Didn't know it was further east. What, do you carry a fucking encyclopedia when you comment here, Mr. Porcelain!!! :)

 
At January 17, 2007 at 7:19 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I mean, west! Shit. Maybe I should carry an atlas....

 
At January 17, 2007 at 8:34 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Porcelain.

If you ever say that to me again, we cannot be friends anymore.

I mean it.

No, really.

Mr. Effing Porcelain.

Geezus.

:-)

 
At January 17, 2007 at 10:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Spice Girls Movie was hot, man.

 
At January 18, 2007 at 12:13 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Well, Baby Spice was hot....errrr

 
At January 18, 2007 at 6:32 a.m. , Blogger Mike said...

Sweet jesus...the spice girls and a mullet? That's remarkable...I have to ask, do you use those albums for coasters now?

 
At January 18, 2007 at 7:45 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

LOL! No, I've lost over half of my old albums, and now burn CD's instead.

 
At January 18, 2007 at 11:13 a.m. , Blogger Doogie2K said...

I also tagged you, actually. But, yeah, nicely done.

 
At January 18, 2007 at 12:48 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Sorry, Doogie. Hey ! Good to see you hopped off the Habs wagon in 1997 though. I don't blame you!

 
At January 18, 2007 at 1:51 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christian school survivors unite! Though, more specifically, I went to Catholic school for 12 years (elementary + high). Funny story: the unitarian church next to our school had this big fire my first year out of high school. And then my school got struck by lightning.

The gods are angry!

 
At January 18, 2007 at 3:53 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I think you were worshipping the wrong Gods, Isabella. Or did someone take the Lord's name in vain?!

 
At January 18, 2007 at 4:46 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zanstorm, nothing could be less pointless than making another Mighty Ducks movie. A D4, would be even hotter than a Spice World sequel. And as someone who has gone a Ginger Spice for 7 of the last 9 Halloween's, that's saying something. Have a treatment on my desk in the morning.

 
At January 18, 2007 at 6:52 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I tried to sacrifice Bulis to the altar of the hockey gods, but they told me to go screw myself and then gave Colorado 2 points. I'm not sure how to read that.

 
At January 18, 2007 at 10:06 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mr. Effing Porcelain."
Yep, that has a nice ring to it!
Mhahaha

 
At January 18, 2007 at 11:42 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

"A D4, would be even hotter than a Spice World sequel."

I disagree, Margee. I'd rather see 4 scantily clad talentless British chicks try out acting than Emilio Este-fucking-vez! :)

 
At January 18, 2007 at 11:45 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Isabella: You tried to 'sacrifice Bulis'?? You may as well kick the gods in the balls rather than offer up that bag of shit! He's so full of urine that he'd probably put the sacrificial fire out!

Wow...did that make any sense?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.