Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Scoreboard watching on Tuesday night

The Canucks can find themselves out of a playoff spot before they even play Nashville on Wednesday if:

-Minnesota beats Toronto on Tuesday night and the Ducks beat the Coyotes or lose in overtime. That would tie the Wild with Vancouver at 51 points with a game in hand. The Ducks would be 2 points ahead with a win or 1 point ahead with the OT loss.
So you had better cheer for the Leafs and Coyotes on Tuesday night, or pray to the Almighty. Whatever floats your boat. C'mon...you can do it. It's for a good cause.

MORE ON THE CANUCKS

Alain Vigneault put the Nucks through somewhat of a rigorous practice on Monday, seeing that none of the guys played except for Luongo. Some of the guys were in Hawaii. Mats Sundin spent some time in Whistler with his fiancee. He didn't skate but worked out.
AV talked about Mats yesterday:

“Obviously this was probably a challenging moment in his career coming in midway through the season,” Vigneault said. “He’s been getting better every day, Today he stepped on the ice and I thought that’s the best he’s looked skating-wise and hands-wise.

“He is a key to our success obviously. He’s a big component and we need him to play well and I think he’s going to rise to the occasion.”
Damned rights he will.

-Pavol Demitra is questionable for Wednesday's game with a sore groin.


Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 27, 2009 at 1:27 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AV to Kristin Reid (Canucks TV): "I like where we are."

Really, Alain? Really?

 
At January 27, 2009 at 1:41 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Yeah, that was a good interview. I believe him. There's a turnaround coming here...I can just smell it.

 
At January 27, 2009 at 2:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, don't take my cynicism seriously. You know that, in my heart, I believe in the team. I can't speak to AV's coaching abilities because I don't know enough, but I like who he is. Seems to have integrity, and he never trashes the boys on national TV like some coaches do. I guess some people take his calm optimism as idiocy, but I totally get it.

It's the team's personality that really drew me into the game, and AV is a big part of that. When I worked with stuntmen (and women), they were the most unassuming and least egotistical people on set, even though they were the ones doing the craziest and most dangerous things. I get that same sense of quiet confidence from the boys. They'll crash that car into the wall if necessary, and do it again tomorrow and the next day. Whatever it takes to get the job done.

Profound thoughts on a Tuesday afternoon...

 
At January 27, 2009 at 2:50 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Yeah, that was deep, Nucker!

 
At January 27, 2009 at 3:26 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to balance out yesterday's trash mouth, I guess.

 
At January 27, 2009 at 8:35 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

We're doomed. Tank the season, go for the #1 draft pick. Trade Luongo. Make Demitra the Captain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.