Friday, January 30, 2009

Canuck players defend Vigneault / news links

You won't catch any players bad-mouthing Alain Vigneault's system in these tough times. When asked if AV was to blame Alex Burrows belted out:

"I think it's completely, bull****," said Burrows.
"We've lost seven or eight in a row, but he's not the problem. We've been in some different games where we've had penalty trouble, some other games we haven't been able to score, some others we couldn't keep the puck out of our net. So he's not the problem. He's not why we're losing. We just have to go back to work just like we did today and . . . get ready for Saturday and have a good game against the Wild."
Bernier chimed in:
"We all know it's the players on the ice who are doing the job," said Bernier.
"It's a good system. We just need to follow it. If we do it, we'll be back to where we were before these struggles. It's not the coach's fault. Sometimes you try to do somebody's job, and that's where you get caught. It's the same system we were winning with at the start of the season."
The anger from the fans and the rumors don't affect Ryan Kesler.
"I don't order the paper, I don't listen to the radio, and I don't watch TV, so it's not affecting me at all," said Kesler
. More at the Province.Hey this coach-defending is cute and all, and I think the players are going to do their best to come together. But if they don't succeed, the coach usually gets the axe.



Some arenas have questionable rules in regards to taking pictures. For example, you can snap pics at a Canucks game but you can't have a superzoom lens. I almost had my camera confiscated at a Prince George Cougars game because I wasn't allowed to take pictures AT ALL. Suckers.
Earlier this month, a 17 year old volunteer at an Ontario arena was banned from the building after taking pictures of Don Cherry and talking to him. He is hoping Grapes will say something about it on Coach's Corner.



Does Columbus' Mike Commodore know when to shut up? First he bad-mouths Mike Babcock and now Senator's GM Bryan Murray, who he played for in Ottawa.
"Bryan Murray said some things to the media that he shouldn't have," Commodore told the Dispatch in Columbus. "I'd have a meeting with him and he'd end up saying things to the media that he wouldn't say to my face.
I'm struggling, the team's struggling, and Bryan's telling the media that I'm a player with no hands and no ability. Then they'd come to me and I'd have to spin it somehow, or try to laugh it off."
Oh, but there's more.Way to start burning bridges, you idiot.



Old news: Unlike his bald buddy from Sweden, Peter Forsberg has made it clear that he will not play in the NHL this season due to his nagging foot injury. He will play for Modo instead. Actually, he signed there today.



From the Toronto Sun:
Several weeks ago, Brian Burke described the trade offers being presented to the Maple Leafs as "garbage."

That is not the case any more.

The Maple Leafs general manager admitted last night that talks are "heating up" as the March 4 trade deadline looms closer.

"I've had a couple of interesting calls in the past 48 hours," Burke said. "The talks are not boiling. And I would not say anything is imminent. But things definitely are heating up right now."
I wonder if Mike Gillis is one of the guys doing some inquiring. He may as well bring in Antropov and Ponikarovsky so Sundin has linemates that he can gel with. Send Bernier and Bieksa the other way. Did I say hat out loud? I'm kidding. We don't need Antro-karovsky here.

T Tags:

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 30, 2009 at 4:46 p.m. , Blogger Judy said...

Yo, Sean. Where ya been?

Can't speak to any of the hard core hockey talk (except for the part where Burrows swears -- ooo that does it for me.) However...

I do have an opinion about the kid who was banned from the arena where he volunteers as a cameraman. Once again, I have to draw on my film experience. I once worked on a film with David Hasselhoff (Who me? Name drop?) and this extra, without my knowledge, had gone to David's trailer and asked for an autograph. This is just not done. Shortly thereafter, David summoned me to his trailer and said, "Get rid of that guy." And he was right. It's about professionalism, and apparently, that kid had been told several times what the rules were. Even a volunteer needs to understand the code of conduct.

I feel sorry for the kid, not for getting the boot, but because his father is putrid enough to sue for $100,000. Give me a break!

 
At January 30, 2009 at 5:42 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

The kid's father is suing? Wow. Oh I see they just added to the story... what a doof.

 
At January 30, 2009 at 6:09 p.m. , Blogger Judy said...

Hey...what game(s) are you watching tonight? I'm watching Flames/Preds to see how real hockey is played, and Oilies/Wild to hear what the fans shout tonight :) Once again, I've got both games on my computer at the same time, plus "Dr. Zivago" on the tube. My brain is going to fry.

Verification word today: pootrogr, which is the sound of my brain fizzling out...

 
At January 30, 2009 at 6:19 p.m. , Blogger Judy said...

Edmonton 1-0

 
At January 30, 2009 at 11:04 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I watched the Devils - Penguins game. My god. The Devils have won 8 straight and they just never quit. THAT is how hockey is played.

OK, so from now on you have to use the word verification in a sentence! :) Mine is flossedi.

I really enjoyed the food in Rome, Italy. But I especially enjoyed that hooker in Flossedi.

It doesn't even have to make sense..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.