Sunday, December 28, 2008

THN: Getting to know Kyle Wellwood

A hat tip to a poster at CDC for finding this at The Hockey News site.

First Car: "Old Ford pick-up (gray)."

Current Car: "Mercedes E63 AMG (silver)."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Vanilla."

Greatest Sports Moment: "Scoring on the Leafs." (smiles)

Most Painful Moment: "Losing the front tooth. (How?) Highstick. (Where?) It was in the minors. And it was the last game of the season. And we weren't making the playoffs. And it was probably my second to last shift the whole year. Going into the summer. And I knocked my tooth out (at St. John's)."

Closest NHL Friends: "Matt Stajan; Carlo Colaiacovo; Darcy Tucker."

Funniest Players Encountered: "Wade Belak; Darcy Hordichuk."
Toughest Competitors: "Mats Sundin; Bryan Marchment."

Most Memorable Goal: "I'd say my first NHL goal was my biggest goal. It was in Toronto against Philly."

Funny Hockey Memory: "Probably singing a song at rookie party, in front of a bunch of strangers. (Which song?) Some Madonna song."

Embarrassing Hockey Memory: "That's probably it, too. Actually, on the ice it would be getting hit and then my helmet spinning around on my head, with the back so I couldn't see where I was going on the ice. I was trying to fix it and I couldn't."

More on Wellwood at The Hockey News.

T Tags:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 28, 2008 at 10:26 a.m. , Blogger Marja said...

Wellwood has been a great pickup, and to think we almost lost him at the beginnin of the year.
Tonight is a must win, Ott played and lost last night, Vancouver is rested and should dominate. I'm contemplatin on orderin the PPV just to see the goals.
I'll go with 4-2 Nucks with Auld playin well to keep the Sens in it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.