Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Salo out, Sanford in, plus a trade to announce

Let's start with the insignificant trade:
Jim Sharrow to the Hawks for a conditional pick in the 2009 Draft. Whoop.

Salo says his groin injury isn't as bad as the one he had earlier in the year (where he missed only 2 games). He won't be out long. To be honest, I'm losing patience with this guy. But if Lawrence Nycholat draws in I'm happy. I think he has done a fantastic job whenever he was called upon earlier this year.

Curtis Sanford, who was disappointed because he sat out the Colorado game, will get his chance to shine tonight against the Predators. Remember, he was playing terrific before his back gave out against the Jackets, stopping 11 of 11 shots. At this point I would definitely say I trust his play over Schneider's. Schneider needs more development and will only get better and better down the road.

I think we should almost expect a victory tonight. Well we really need one.We beat the Preds 4-0 in early November. Wellwood had 2 goals... his 5th and 6th in 7 games at that point. You can watch Woody's brilliance here.
But through all the Predators have been through the past 2 seasons they are never to be underestimated. Yeah, the Blues whooped them 6-3 last night, but Nashville beat the Wild 1-0, Colorado 3-2 and Buffalo 2-0 in a 3 game winning streak prior to last night's loss.
So which Nashville team shows up tonight?
Hell, which Canucks team shows up tonight?

GAME TIME: 5:00 PST
TV: SPORTSNET


Demitra is making news as one of the scapegoats in the Canucks' recent losing skid. Said Vigneault:

"Sometimes those skilled players just want to make one pass too many instead of getting more pucks to the net and keeping the play simple," head coach Alain Vigneault said. "He's got to keep plugging away and has to find a way to contribute. If not offensively, than he has to make sure he's really reliable defensively.

"I think he has more to contribute like a lot of our other guys on our team."
Yeah, you can't single out Demitra only. But he is the highest paid guy however. Said Demitra:
"I felt like when I was playing with the Sedins we dominated the puck but just didn't get any goals," Demitra said. "I've been feeling good lately and I just feel if I score one goal, all of a sudden I'll score 10. I just need a lucky bounce.

"My biggest thing is how I feel on the ice. Are my legs going? Am I getting scoring chances? And I am. Obviously, I want to score. I want the numbers every single game but it's not always going to happen, especially on the road."


T Tags:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.