Sunday, December 14, 2008

Luongo and his groin at odds

Roberto answered the burning question as to what exactly happened at practice last Wednesday, where he left early.

''It wasn't feeling like it was supposed to be feeling, so I got off the ice,'' Luongo said on Sunday. ''I didn't want to make it worse and I'm going to stay off the ice until I'm 100 percent.''


Luongo then admitted he has conversations with his groin.
''Week-to-week? Tough to say,'' Luongo said to reporters today. ''This is the first time I've dealt with a groin injury. Just when I thought I was ready to get back into it, my groin was telling me something else.

''I'm a competitor; I want to be in goal every day.''
Well, you'll have to stick with the XBox 360 for now, pal.

More at TSN

T Tags:

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2008 at 12:22 a.m. , Blogger Andrew Bucholtz said...

Not good. The Canucks haven't been dismal without Luongo, but they haven't been great either. Also, the Globe has sources with estimates ranging anywhere from four more weeks to the whole season. As Matt Sekeres writes, "For the foreseeable future, veteran Curtis Sanford and rookie Cory Schneider will continue to play goal for Vancouver." Sanford and Schneider are okay, but they aren't Luongo.

 
At December 15, 2008 at 1:44 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Bah! Louie will be back in a month! I believe it! Fuck the sources. At least according to Louie he's playing it safe. Smart. Re-aggravation is a bad thing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.