Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Do I have the touch of death?

Yes I did run into Pavol Demitra in Vancouver the day after their OT win over Detroit last week. I slapped him on the shoulder, pointed at him and smiled as if to say: "Great job."
Now since I am a mocker of superstitions, jinxes and what not, I want to jokingly point out a funny stat about Demitra:

In the 3 games prior to the slap on the shoulder by yours truly, Demitra had 12 shots on goal, 3 goals and 2 assists.

In the 3 games after the slap Demitra has 5 shots, no goals and no assists, plus he was taken off the top line.

The Zandberg touch of death? I think so! Maybe I did hurt him!

Once again, this is said in good(?) fun.


T Tags:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 3, 2008 at 7:15 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

Yergh, it's been painful to watch.

The egotist in me wants to say their luck turned when I left Van :-)

Another win against Detroit is just what the doctor ordered though.

 
At December 4, 2008 at 11:55 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Hey, it's good to have an ego sometimes. Sometimes flukey circumstances are hilarious though! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.