Sunday, November 23, 2008

Going to the Canucks - Red Wings game!

Temujin and I will be flying to Vancouver tomorrow (if we don't get snowed in), hitting the Shark Club, and then catching the Canucks and Wings live. I can't wait. The last 2 games I've watched live were against Calgary. I'm tired of the Lames. So the Wings will be a great change, plus there will be a great atmosphere in GM Place as well.
So how will the Canucks measure up to Detroit minus Luongo? As I have said repeatedly, there is something unique about the way the team is playing in general but also around Curtis Sanford. Why would anyone even ask if Cory Schneider gets the start tomorrow? Not a chance. Sanford is the temporary #1.
A parade to the penalty box for the Canucks could spell impending doom. The Wings are tops in the NHL at a 32.9% accuracy. The Canucks are 17th. Both teams are about equal as far as penalty killing goes and are in the middle of the NHL pack.
The Wings have scored an average of 3.74 goals per game. That also is #1 in the NHL. The Canucks are 8th overall at 3.10.
It's best if the Canucks stay disciplined and play more 5-on-5, where they are better than Detroit.
I have been impressed with our d-men. They held Crosby and Malkin off the scoresheet last game, so they could do the same with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. The big problem there is that Detroit has so many weapons on offence that it's going to take a huge effort to succeed.
I haven't seen the Canucks lose at GM Place since about 1996 against the Rangers. That night, Messier and Kovalev skated circles around us.
Hopefully my good streak can continue. I believe the Canucks are 4-1 when I have watched them live. No, I'm not superstitious.

I'll have the post game from the Canucks-Wings on Tuesday night. It will be late because I'm not taking my laptop with me and won't be around a computer until then.

T Tags:

15 Comments:

At November 23, 2008 at 10:54 p.m. , Blogger Kent said...

I am tres envious... enjoy the game. I have a feeling this one is gonna be a classic, and we will see a raucous GM Place after that amazing 4 game road trip

 
At November 23, 2008 at 10:59 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

You bet. Now I just have to hold off on drinking too much pre game so I can take it all in!

 
At November 23, 2008 at 11:36 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

***********(SIGH)... should not be Temujin...

your wife

 
At November 23, 2008 at 11:39 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I've known Jin for what..10 years now? We've always wanted to go to a Nucks game and never have.

Hey at least we got to see Linden score the last goals of his career last season :) In a box seat no less!

 
At November 24, 2008 at 1:56 a.m. , Blogger jimbuff said...

Sean, see if you can get Cleary's autograph for me.

 
At November 24, 2008 at 7:59 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!!

 
At November 24, 2008 at 9:01 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Jimbuff- Sorry, I don't talk to Red Wings :)

JJ- Aren't you going too? We'll be in Section 109 Row 14

 
At November 24, 2008 at 9:13 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two have fun! Have a pint for me at the Club!

I'll be looking for ya on the TV.

Go Canucks!

 
At November 24, 2008 at 9:41 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I'll be the tall guy in the Canucks jersey mooning Sportsnet camera!

 
At November 24, 2008 at 1:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey where is the game day music? lets go canucks!

 
At November 24, 2008 at 9:53 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean, you might actually have to follow through on your Demitra week promise/threat! An OT assist, just to keep the streak alive :)

 
At November 24, 2008 at 10:35 p.m. , Blogger Jenny said...

lucky you !!!!!

i must admit, i was pleasantly surprised that they pulled off a win! :D

go canucks

 
At November 25, 2008 at 8:02 a.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

Beating the Wings is always good, especially when DEMITRA sets up the OT winner.

 
At November 25, 2008 at 9:14 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Salo showed you!

He heard you were coming and wanted to instruct you on the error of your ways.

Great game, Sean. Good timing!

 
At November 25, 2008 at 11:13 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

What a finish! I am talking like Johnny Cash today because I was yelling so much during the game!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.