Sunday, November 16, 2008

Canucks 4 Leafs 2: The day after

That was a beautiful display put on by the Canucks last night.

- Can Wellwood roof the puck quick or what? He continues his brilliance and is officially recognized as a smart pickup in hockey pools. That is, according to Rotoworld.

-I was wondering how Lawrence Nycholat drew into the lineup... Edler had the flu.

- As much as I hate to say this...Welcome back, Demitra! I believe it was the Vancouver Sun saying today...if that's how Wellwood and Demitra can play together for the first time, imagine how they'll play when they get used to eachother. No shit. That was a treat to watch. Pyatt is just the Pylon on the other wing.
And speaking of wing, that's where Demitra looks content.
I think I saw Demitra backchecking. I did! I did!
So Jes Golbez was quick to spew his Demitra love campaign at me after a 3 assist night...fair enough. So I have made Jes a deal: From today on, if Demitra plays 20 straight games and scores 18 or more points in that period, I will put P.D. (and him only) in the header on this site for 2 weeks. During that potentially life-altering time frame I will post one nice thing about Demitra per day.
Gad, that will almost kill me inside. Good thing the odds are in my favor.

-from the Toronto Sun today:

Having just been given the hook by coach Ron Wilson midway through the second period, Vesa Toskala peered up at the scoreboard, shrugged his shoulders, then plopped his butt on the Maple Leafs bench.

"I actually felt really good," Toskala said later. "I guess that's what sucks the most."
Enjoy your stay in Toronto, Vesa. It's amazing how the Canucks buried their chances so well against the Leafs, where they failed to do so against the Wild.
It's also amazing how happy Willie Mitchell looked when he bagged his first goal of the season.

GAME HIGHLIGHTS

BOXSCORE

T Tags:

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At November 16, 2008 at 12:55 p.m. , Blogger Andrew Bucholtz said...

Great to see that one last night; almost atones for the Lions' loss. I was talking about it with a bunch of my Leaf-fan friends (they're unavoidable in Ontario), and there was a consensus of surprise that Wellwood's actually playing decently. Perhaps it's the nutritious, low-fat take-home meals the Canucks are preparing for him? The biorhythm bracelets might help too...

 
At November 16, 2008 at 1:15 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

And the best line of all from Derek Jory (about the Wellwood goal):

"...less room than a goldfish in a shot glass, Wellwood poked it top shelf on Vesa Toskala"

A big win for the Canucks.

 
At November 16, 2008 at 5:40 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

Learn to love the Slovak. It's the only way you'll find true happiness.

 
At November 17, 2008 at 12:11 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Bucholtz: I'd say it's the diet. Thanks for the link!

Temudgin- Just watched a Gengis Khan flick made by the Russians. Pretty crazy stuff.

Jes- You speak of it as if it's religion... hmmm. If Demitra stays healthy and plays like he did last night I may hop onto the wagon.
I'm too busy worshipping the Wood God right now though :)

 
At November 17, 2008 at 12:36 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

Was it the one called "Mongol"? If so, I saw that a couple weeks ago. Really well done, and the symbolism with the Grey Wolf at the shrine is pretty important, even though the casual observer might not understand why. I like the attention to detail like that :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.