Monday, November 03, 2008

Background

Just so you know, the mountain range in this site's background is located in my hometown of Smithers, BC. It is called Hudson Bay Mountain. I grew up at the base of the left mountain. Just thought I'd put a little local flavor on my site. Pretty sweet aren't they? I love it here.
About 10 years ago I found an anti-aircraft bomb laying on the ground about halfway up the left peak by a mine shaft. I wanted to keep it but my friend was too much of a do-gooder and called the cops. Let me tell you, I lived about 7 minutes out of town back then and the cops made it to my house in 3. They diffused it and that was the end of it. The bomb was about 5 inches long, had 3 'fins' on the back of it, and a 1947 date (from what a remember) still visibly inscribed on it. Amazing. Oh, and the 6 or 7 mine shafts were sealed shut after that incident. A shame.

If anyone knows how I can stretch that image (HTML code) so that it covers the whole screen on any computer monitor please let me know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.