Quick thoughts on Saturday night's hockey
- Is it really all that fun watching Leafs games on Saturday night now? Not really. Ron Wilson is going to the insane asylum.
- Marty Brodeur is 10 wins away from passing Patrick Roy for all time goalie wins. Wow, was he food tonight. It looks as though Parise and Elias are going to score about 80 points this year. For Elias, that would be a return to his former self after a less than par season last year.
- Does any goalie do the splits like Oiler's Matt Garon? What a save on Cammalleri. Personally that makes me cringe. How about those Oilers. I'm not surprised. 3 deadly lines of speed and grit and heart. Unreal.
- Sure, the Hawks lost in a shootout in Joel Quenneville's first game behind the bench. But how about Patrick Kane? He was in tears for an interview after Savard was fired and then he responds with a 3-point night. He scored on his first shift, the first shift of the game. Nice touch, but still a lousy deal for Savard.
- Which coach gets fired first...
- Seen Stamkos? Nah, me neither. The Lightning suck. But they may just get it together eventually.
- How's Markus Naslund doing in Broadway? Ooo, not that impressive. 1 goal and 4 points in 8 games and a -3. Love it. Dubinsky and Voros are freaky though. Whenever those guys cool off the Rangers are going to start losing.