Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Melrose calls Strachan a liar

CBC's analyst Al Strachan made a remark (and claimed he had sources) about Lightning owner Len Barrie coaching the players behind coach Barry Melrose's back. Well Melrose has a few choice words for Strachan.

"Al is sort of like a spaghetti salesman. He just throws so much against the wall and hopes something sticks and it usually doesn't stick," Melrose told the Tampa Tribune Monday. "It's B.S. and Al thrives on B.S. It's total lies."
If it is coming out of the locker-room, then I have some liars in the dressing room," Melrose said. "If that's the case then I am worried about that, but at the same time I can't worry about that. If a guy is a liar, he's a liar. I can't worry about that.
Canada used to be a country where you couldn't lie," Melrose told the St. Petersburg Times. "I was brought up in Saskatchewan, and if I lied, my father would kick my butt. But, obviously, that's not the case in Ontario, where you can say anything you want without repercussions. . . . I guess there's not much journalistic integrity anywhere in Canada."
Wow. Melrose going off on Canadians. He's just blowing off steam and speaking out of anger though. It sounds like he has ventured over to the dark side, which is the USA. (I kid)
He may just be right about Strachan though. I don't like him either.
Actually, I thought Mike Milbury, who was sitting next to Strachan was going to punch the old man out over a different topic (Alan Eagleson).

T Tags:

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 29, 2008 at 6:59 a.m. , Blogger Tom said...

Press conference meltdown in 5..4..3..2..

 
At October 29, 2008 at 7:01 a.m. , Blogger Dirk Hoag said...

Strachan's just a 20th-century Eklund, plain and simple. Listening to him is like reading a celebrity gossip column...

 
At October 29, 2008 at 7:51 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Plus he's has that egotistical air about him.
Too bad Milbury didn't punch him out. At least he stared him down :)

 
At October 29, 2008 at 11:50 a.m. , Blogger jimbuff said...

Where is temujin??? He never came back to comment on my site after posting this before the game:

Temujin said...

"If you think the Bruins are going to win tonight, you've got another thing coming, pal! They'll come out flat after an exhausting performance last night, and Fernandez is going to get shelled in the first period.

I'll be back to gloat after the game :-)"
Firstly Thomas played not Fernandez, secondly a tired Bruins team still beat the Canucks, thirdly all The Bruins need to do is score one goal with Timmy in nets and finally the newfie scored the winner!

Hopefully temujin checks here because it has been a long wait for me at my site to hear his gloating :)

 
At October 29, 2008 at 12:21 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I don't know where he is. Hiding under a rock in shame perhaps?
He'll come around if I don't bury this post too deep!
The Bruins did come out flat I think, but it didn't take them long to get their feet going (maybe 5:00 into the 1st)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.