Monday, September 22, 2008

Yahoo account hacked **UPDATE**

Just to give you the heads up, my email account, zantorm13@yahoo.ca has been hacked.
If you get any emails from "me" from that account please delete the message.
I can be reached at zanstorm2007@yahoo.ca for now.
The Waiting For Stanley Yahoo Pool is registered under that hacked account, so I don't think I'll be participating in that pool. Maybe you should skip it as well if you signed up for it.
I'll keep you posted on this.

Sean Z

UPDATE:

The hack was only onto that account. The reason why the hacker got into there was because I received an email from "yahoo" last week saying that they had too many inactive accounts in their database and were looking at deleting some accounts, including my zanstorm13 account. I foolishly provided them with the sign in info (because it was inquired about) and told them that my account was very active. Of course, "they" was just some fucking dipshit that tricked me. Never again.
The account is back under my control as I have changed the password. So, the WFS Yahoo Pool is still on!
A big thanks to Mr. Eakins from Ghosts of the Garden for guiding me through some steps.

T Tags:

8 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 at 1:29 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

Damn those assholes. I'll it was some rabid Flames or Oilers fan.

 
At September 22, 2008 at 1:39 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it seems so likely that would be in Nigeria, and asking me for money.

 
At September 22, 2008 at 1:50 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I have gotten back into that account and changed the password. It's mine again. Fucker.

 
At September 22, 2008 at 5:38 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

"DTA" Don't Trust Anyone.

Or Any Emails, for that matter.

 
At September 23, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. , Blogger Eric J. Burton said...

I wounder if it is the same person that hacked Palin's as well?

 
At September 23, 2008 at 10:39 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Who's Palin?

 
At September 23, 2008 at 12:02 p.m. , Blogger Eric J. Burton said...

I am sorry the Sarah Palin the VP candidate with McCain. Her Yahoo Email account was hacked into and placed on the internet.

 
At September 23, 2008 at 3:33 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Haha! Can you tell I'm a Canadian with no interest in politics? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.