Thursday, September 18, 2008

Canucks may give Kesler a bigger scoring role

From The Province:

"I don't believe in labels," Kesler said. "I'm a checking centre, they say, but I still had 21 goals. I think if they put me in the right opportunity, if the coach sees fit and puts me in the top six I'm going to run with it."

There are indications the coach will see fit, as the Canucks have told Kesler they are about to give him a long look in an adjusted role.

"They said 'Come ready for camp, we're going to try and give you a more offensive role,' " Kesler said. "To me, that means power-play opportunities, and chances to play in the top six.

"I want to be that guy, the guy the coach looks to put on the ice at the end of a game to win it. That's what I'm striving for. I'm striving to be a marquee player on this team, a guy who can score 70-80 points a year. I think I'm on the right track."
Sometimes it's OK to brag. I was all over this a 2 weeks ago. Kesler is good enough to score over 30 goals and 70 points. The checking reins need to be taken off of him first. We'll see what happens here.

T Tags:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.