Monday, August 04, 2008

Theo Fleury takes on baseball

OK, so I'm mean. It's just a joke. Hey, I like drinking too.
So Fleury returns to Calgary to play baseball with the Vipers. The feisty former NHL'er just turned 40 this summer. His NHL career was cut short by alcohol and drug problems. He was forced to leave the NHL went to Ireland to play for the Belfast Giants.
Personally, I hope Theo's feeling well. I used to hate the gritty bastard, but now I only have respect. He had 1088 points in 1084 NHL regular season games. In 77 career NHL playoff games he scored 79 points. The guy wore his heart on his sleeve and was more of an asset than a liability most of his career, even though he could out-dive Crosby.... At least Fleury played with balls.

T Tags:

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At August 4, 2008 at 3:44 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

I guarantee you that Fleury would get a standing ovation if he were to attend a Flames game.

Two Thumbs Up for Theo.

 
At August 4, 2008 at 4:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo you used for your photo-shop...Nolan Ryan vs Robin Ventura. Ryan had him in the headlock and just beat the crap out of him.

 
At August 4, 2008 at 5:06 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Jin: I agree. Fleury must be a cult hit in some places in Calgary. Oh, and his performance for Team Canada when we won gold was stellar!

GZ: Ah, so that's who those guys are. I typed "baseball beatdown" in Google images and that's what I got. Fitting, huh? :)

 
At August 4, 2008 at 6:25 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering how long it would take you to mention the world's greatest hockey team: the Belfast Giants!

 
At August 4, 2008 at 6:52 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Is that a beer league or what? :)

Fleury had 74 points in 34 games there in 2005-06. I think the Giants won the championship and Fleury fell off the wagon!

 
At August 5, 2008 at 8:13 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fleury would need a ladder to get anyone in a headlock.

 
At August 5, 2008 at 10:24 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Wahaha! Burn. Maybe he's a high jumper .....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.