Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sakic signs with Avalanche for 1 year

"Ultimately it came down to the fact that I still enjoy playing and competing," said Sakic. "I'm comfortable with my conditioning and my overall health. I'm ready for the start of camp and am looking forward to the upcoming season."
From out of the blue, Sakic will play another year. And then we'll go through this same thing with him next summer, right?
The Avs really needed Joe around as the #1 center. They could only get even better whenever/if Forsberg returns as well.
Dollar figures for Sakic have not been released yet. He made $6.75 million last season. **UPDATE** It is $6 million per season.
Now, this pretty much scratches Sundin off the Av's list, as they cannot afford both players.
Yeah, it always comes back to be about Sundin, doesn't it?

T Tags:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.