Sunday, July 06, 2008

Smithers Lightning Storm Image

I used to have a $1200 non-digital camera with a $750 dollar lens on it. Whenever thunderstorms would come through the Valley, I'd buy 3 or 4 rolls of film and try my damndest to catch some bolts on film. It involved a good "trigger finger." Rarely did I catch any bolts on film unless it was dark out and I could hold the shutter open for several minutes.
Nowadays, I cheat. I use a digital camera and roll about 90 seconds of footage in video mode until lightning strikes. Then I freeze frame the "paused" moment and soup it up a bit on Photoshop a bit.
Ah yes, the old art of film and photography has been replaced by the Digital Age. Well, for me anyways. It's alot cheaper!
Below is the image.



T Tags:

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 6, 2008 at 6:37 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

Wicked! I dig it.

 
At July 6, 2008 at 6:52 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool

you should put the oringinal pic and this one together so we can see the diference

 
At July 6, 2008 at 9:13 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

That is the original pic. All I did was lighten it up with green a bit because it was mostly a blue haze to the pic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.