Friday, July 25, 2008

Sacred or Sacrilege?

One of the more creative uses for the Stanley Cup, I suppose.

Tomas Holmstrom had his day with the Stanley Cup on Friday, and he let his cousin use it as a baptismal font for a christening.

Holmstrom suggested the idea to his cousin, Robert Sundstrom, who baptized his seven-week-old daughter Alva Felicia during a private ceremony outside Holmstrom's hometown of Pitea in northern Sweden.

"Tomas came up with the idea when we were sitting in his summer cabin kitchen a week ago," Sundstrom said. "Me and my wife thought it would be fun to christen our daughter in such a priceless object."


I'm shocked and offended by this action. As a spiritually-minded and tradition-keeping man, I feel as though this mocking of a religious sacrament should not go unpunished. Imagine what the heroes of our faith, and the icons of our history would say if they were to see such an event. Divine punishment may occur if this situation is not rectified.

The Stanley Cup deserves better. Lord Fredrick's gift should not be mocked.
Holmstrom must repent!

5 Comments:

At July 25, 2008 at 7:16 p.m. , Blogger G-man said...

i dont see anything wrong with it!
if you think thats bad remember that drapers kid shit in it

 
At July 25, 2008 at 8:42 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

Heh, that post was entirely tongue-in-cheek. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I hope she doesn't grow up to be a puck-bunny.

 
At July 25, 2008 at 8:45 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

Aw geez, I actually did post this but it says the author is Sean. Must be a default setting he has in place.

Hey Sean, anyway to fix that "author" thing? I wouldn't want you taking credit for my superlative posting skillZ. Or something.

 
At July 25, 2008 at 10:22 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Ha! I thought you were pulling a practical joke on me! Or maybe Hodge tapped into the site.

Poor g-man didn't catch your drift huh? So you are spiritually minded? I go to the church of Morgan's. I was baptized in ice wine on Tuesday night, actually :)

 
At July 25, 2008 at 10:26 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Poor Stanley. He gets dented at Cheli's bar, Draper's kid uses him as a diaper, then Holmstrom exposes him to religion.
I'd say the best treatment Stanley has recieved was that dry-humping Hayden Panetierre gave him last year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.