Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Demitra says Canucks are his number one choice

From TSN:

In an interview with Vancouver radio station CKNW, free agent forward Pavol Demitra confirmed that the Canucks are his preferred destination and expects to sign with the team.

"I think there is a good chance," Demitra said.

"[Current Canucks GM Mike Gillis] used to be my agent for a long time. We are very good friends. I am very interested in playing for [the Canucks]."
It looks as though Demitra will wait for "days or weeks" which probably means he'll wait and see if/when Mike Gillis signs Mats Sundin and then see how he fits on the team. Just a guess.
As much as this news is going to make Mr. Golbez a happy man, I am not all that thrilled. Demitra is injury prone and a gamble. Sure he's got the skill, but I don't want a soft skilled player. We just got rid of one of those!
Ah well. We'll see what happens. Demitra hasn't donned the Orca yet.

**UPDATE**

It has not been confirmed yet, but the Demitra deal is rumored to be a 3-year deal at $4 million per season. I hope this is wrong. 3 fricking years? I don't trust my Slovakian to English translators or this sources' reliability quite yet.
Regardless, thanks Antro for the link.

T Tags:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2008 at 11:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thinks it's perfect that a guy of this calibre is so public about his excitement of being here in Vancouver. Only helps to lure a few others who may be swayed by a "hmm, what does HE know that WE dont?" Demitra I believe is due a remarkable resurgence in the domination of NHL stats. Good signing at right cost and term. NICE ONE!!!

 
At July 13, 2008 at 5:59 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I like his joy of coming here to play, but he needs to remain healthy to impress me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.