Monday, June 30, 2008

Thoughts on Linden, Sundin and Unrestricted Free Agency


As goofy as this may sound, I purchased a Greenspire Linden tree today and planted it (along with 2 others) in my front yard. Call it a Trevor Linden tribute or whatever (I'll think of it that way), Linden tree is over 7 feet tall and only costed me $75. Apparently the name Linden derives from the Linden tree. Just so you know.


I'll tell you right now, if Mats Sundin signs with the Canadiens, Senators, or Flames I will burn my Mats jersey and post pictures of it. You can hold me to my word on that.

Just so you know the importance of July 1 and the beginning of free agency season, here is what happened 1 year ago on July 1, 2007 (Info copy and pasted from my History of NHL Trades site):

1- Carolina signed Jeff Hamilton
1- Tampa Bay: Michel Ouellet
1- Atlanta: Eric Perrin
1- Toronto: Jason Blake
1- Washington: Viktor Kozlov, Tom Poti
1- Colorado: Scott Hannan
1- Islanders: John Sim

1- Rangers: Scott Gomez and Chris Drury
1- Florida: Radek Dvorak and Richard Zednik
1- Detroit: Brian Rafalski
1- Boston: Shawn Thornton
1- Chicago: Yannic Perrault
1- Anaheim: Matthieu Schneider
1- Calgary: Cory Sarich
1- Florida: Brett McLean
1- Atlanta: Todd White
1- Philadelphia: Daniel Briere
1- Nashville: Jed Ortmeyer
1- Colorado: Ryan Smyth
1- St. Louis: Paul Kariya

One major trade happened on July 1 2007 and that was:

To Edmonton Oilers : Joni Pitkanen, Geoff Sanderson and a 3rd round pick in 2009
To Philadelphia Flyers: Joffrey Lupul and Jason Smith

How was that for a savage first day of free agency? Hopefully tomorrow is the same.

T Tags:

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2008 at 8:53 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I see Vancouver isn't on that list either...

 
At June 30, 2008 at 11:36 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

We'll see about tomorrow. We'll see. I smell a big trade.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.