Thursday, May 08, 2008

Round 3 Predictions

Yeah...fuck it. I went 1 for 4 in Round 2, so what do I know right? But here are my quick thoughts about Round 3's matchups.

Detroit vs Dallas

To me, Detroit has had an easy ride through 2 rounds. Beating on an 8th seed Nashville who lost Jason Arnott, and then beating on the depleted Avalanche. The Stars provide Detroit with a real challenge. They should bang these Wings around and beat them up a little. Turco or Osgood? Turco in a heartbeat. Offence? Detroit has the advantage, but not by much. Brad Richards needs to step it up more. Defensively, I'd say it's almost a draw.
So I suspect a close series and I am going to go against the odds and pick the Stars to take this in 6.

Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia

The diving pussies against the dirty bullies. I would suspect that Pittsburgh's offensive superiority may frustrate the Flyers in this one. The Flyers are going to play very physical against the Pens and I can't wait to see it. I hope someone breaks Crosby's leg.
I just don't know if the Flyers will stay disciplined. I don't know if I'll be able to count how much the damned Penguins dive. Special teams will be a huge factor is my guess, and the Pens will try draw as many penalties as possible. It'll work. They went to acting school. So I think the Pens take this one in 7.

7 Comments:

At May 8, 2008 at 5:25 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking in the Pens/Flyers series that the fact the Flyers will be physical might hurt them. Crosby and Co. will just have more oppurtunity to dive around. Hopefully, the refs eventually realize...

 
At May 8, 2008 at 5:39 p.m. , Blogger James said...

Weird, I posted the same predictions yesterday on PPP!

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/story/2008/5/7/131945/5922

Great minds, eh? ;)

 
At May 8, 2008 at 5:46 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

idiots the flyers are a bunch of goons and the stars have so many no name players. what fucking league are you watching, those teams represent what is wrong with hockey. Yeah Crosby breaking his leg would be great for the NHL. The majority of us real hockey fans actually enjoy watching talented players use their skill to win. Not watching a fucking loser like Umberger bang into goalies and think that he is good

 
At May 8, 2008 at 7:11 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

goon play and aggressive hockey are two distinct terms.

yeah, mike modano isn't a star. lehtinen, zubov, morrow,they aren't either. if you can't recognize any of these names, jump off the bandwagon and study the sport. jackass.

you are right-crosby breaking his leg would not be good for the nhl. crosby called on diving, and then breaking his leg would be good for the sport.

the majority of us like watching the malkins, the oveckins, the hossas, and not the spoiled pretty boy who would cry if he chipped a nail. i'm pretty sure don cherry could take him. the "c" is on the wrong jersey.

umberger is a loser? a blue-collar guy from outside pitt whose parents had to work multiple jobs so he could succeed?

get a fucking life.

 
At May 8, 2008 at 7:16 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"disciplined" flyers hockey? i don't think we are capable of that. my only hope is that the horrible ice conditions in the mellon arena lead to missed oppurtunities on the Pens side.

 
At May 9, 2008 at 9:20 a.m. , Blogger jimbuff said...

Detroit and Philly both win in 5!!

 
At May 9, 2008 at 10:28 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Wow, sparked a good conversation here. Anonymous, my opinions on Crosby are harsh and I stand by them. I can't top what JD said though: "crosby called on diving, and then breaking his leg would be good for the sport."
Couldn't have said it better! I'd take Ovechkin over Crosby any day. I hate that the NHL markets itself around a diving dink like Crosby. I had the same strong opinions about Mario Lemieux. Fuck them both. They are a disgrace!
A real man plays with his heart on his sleeve and doesn't dive, bottom line. Brendan Morrow in game 6 against the Sharks is the best example I can think of. Ovechkin on almost any given night is another example.

Jimbuff: Bold!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.