Friday, May 02, 2008

Mats Sundin to marry

Yeah, you can stop spreading rumors that he's gay, or had an affair with Alex Steen. Sundin is going to tie the knot to 25-year-old Josephine Johansson, who currently lives in Stockholm, Sweden. Is former Capital Calle Johansson her dad? I kid. I would have picked a different Johansson if I was him.
Of course this has all of the buzzards wondering if this decision off the ice will affect his decision on whether or not Mats will play another year in the NHL.

"I'll have to see if I'm ready to begin training and ready for another season," said Sundin. "I haven't made that decision yet."

I hope he plays at least another year yet. Hey, maybe Leafs management is going to pull a Brian Burke-Niedermayer-Selanne thing here and let Mats sit out for half the season before he comes back, saving cap space. The penalty for such actions is merely a slap on the wrist when you're a millionaire. It is a $500,000 fine carried out by the team for a player missing training camp.
Anyway, congrats to Mats.

T Tags:

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 4, 2008 at 1:26 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

There's hope for balding men everywhere! Hehehe!

I think he'll be back for another year. Imagine the standing ovation he gets in Toronto on opening night after re-signing with the Leafs. He shouldn't go anywhere else, even though I'd like to see him in a Canuck uniform.

 
At May 5, 2008 at 7:41 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I'll stick to my Niedermayer theory...

But if not, I'd like to see him do the "dishonorable thing" and get out of Toronto. He'd look good on a line with Ovechkin!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.