Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bruins-Habs goal-a-thon

Alright, who watched the Bruins-Habs game tonight? When was the last time you seen something like that? 5 goals scored in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period. Back and forth. Back and forth. I know the Bruins' team D sucks, but what has happened to the composed Habs D? Gonzo. And it made for one of the most thrilling finishes that I've seen in quite a while.
Are the Habs going to be able to stop this crazy Bruins squad at home in game 7? My guess? I HAVE NO DAMNED CLUE! Kovalev didn't look interested or sharp tonight. This is not the time for him to dry up. Yet the Habs just need to settle down and play their style in front of their fans in game 7 and I think they'll be fine.
What the hell is wrong with Glenn Murray? Useless tit. Phil Kessel and Marco Sturm on the other hand... wow.

T Tags:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At April 19, 2008 at 9:37 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched that and when Lucic scored the building went haywire... I looked away from the TV and then I looked back and the crowd was still screaming as the goal was announced and then I could barely hear the commentator say that Montreal had tied it. It took me a few seconds to realize what had happened when I looked away haha.

 
At April 20, 2008 at 9:32 a.m. , Blogger jimbuff said...

What a roller coaster of emotion I went through - if Game 7 is like that my heart might blow up!!! Hopefully the Bruins win is a blow out and not another close one.

 
At April 20, 2008 at 11:33 a.m. , Blogger jimbuff said...

"I know the Bruins' team D sucks, but what has happened to the composed Habs D?"

As for the team "D" of both teams: they were both tied for 7th in goals against this season with 222 - so why would u say the bruins team "D" sucks and Montreal is composed when they were identical (both good) this season?

 
At April 20, 2008 at 12:32 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

It's probably more the gaffs on the goals that are scored on occasion. It's like mental breakdowns. It's like the Canucks in 1996, 1997, 1998, etc.
How many times did the Habs find the late d-man coming into the offensive zone and get a glorious chance, while the guy who is supposed to be covering that d-man is somewhere at center ice about 20 feet away? Just shotty coverage overall. And it forces Thomas to have to be brilliant every night. Good coverage would be what the Avalanche did to preserve a 1-goal win last night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.