Tuesday, March 25, 2008

There was this guy who walked into a bar....

I spent 11 hours of my day driving from Smithers to Hope along with my wife and mother-in-law. When I arrived at my parents' house here in Hope (2 hours east of Vancouver), I went online to check the score of the Canucks-Flames game. Jolly! 2-1 Canucks near the end of the 2nd period!
I took a shower to clean off the grub that accompanies sitting in a car for 11 straight hours, mingled with the folks a bit, and then figured: I gotta go find a bar and watch what's left of the 3rd period. So I head out for a bar called Skille's Pub and Grill, which is only a 2 minute walk away from here. On the way, I'm talking to Temujin on the phone getting an update as to what had happened so far in the game. We were praising the Nucks more or less, oh yes.
So I walk into the packed bar, check the big screen and see that there's just over 11 minutes left in the 3rd. Canucks are still up 2-1. The sad thing is that everyone in the pub is cursing. "Oh, Burrows just went off for a delay of game penalty and the Flames now have a 2-man advantage," says a guy sitting at the bar. Oh shit. Sure enough, the Flames bag 2 goals in a row and everyone in the bar, including myself, are waving our hands in the air and cursing.
Could the Canucks even muster a shot after that? Barely.
"Damned Bieksa, I hate him" I say to the dude sitting next to me. "Yeah, he reminds me of Jovanovski. I wish they'd put Bourdon back in," he replies. I was astonished. This guy just said what I have been saying for a long time now. Bieksa stinks. He fucks up way too often, and I can't stand it anymore.
Ah, the good ol' Lower Mainland. I'm in Canuckland right now and I love it, for better or worse. Best of all, I'm going the the Nucks-Flames game on Sunday. Vengeance will be ours!!!
Vancouver is only up by 2 on Nashville in the standings now. Anyone stressing out yet? I need a drink.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 at 6:12 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those Russians!

I finally figured out how to switch the cursed settings on this computer from Russian to English :-0

Do you mind if I add my two cents once in a while over the next week?

 
At March 26, 2008 at 7:03 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

add your 2 cents whenever you want!
2-1 Canucks right now !!! Woo! I'm going back to the bar! haha

 
At March 26, 2008 at 7:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like 3-2 Colorado. You must be at that bar.

 
At March 26, 2008 at 7:33 p.m. , Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

For the love of God, leave that bar now and never go back!

 
At March 26, 2008 at 8:42 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

no shit! That damned bar is cursed!@!! Fuck!!!! 6-3!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.