Saturday, November 03, 2007

Where the Canucks have no game

More to come on this post. I see Cherry didn't agree with Vigneault calling out Bieksa and Mitchell to the media/public as they are the heart and soul players. Not sure I agree.

Anyway, I've put a couple of spiced rum and cokes in my veins and now the beer is flowing....I am trying to numb what could be the inevitable pain of a Canuck loss to the Avs tonight. Since I'm feeling pessimistic and ornery tonight, so I figured I'd try to cheer myself up by rewriting the lyrics to the song "Where the Streets Have No Name", a song the Canucks skate out to at the beginning of the game. Here it goes..

I want to get drunk
I want to die
Want to kick in my TV
As the Canucks start to slide
I want to break out
And cheer for the Flames

Cuz the Canucks have no game....ooooohoh

I want to break
Markus Naslund's legs
I want to beat on the Twins
Till they get down and beg
I don't want to pay
For Pay-per-View games

Cuz the Canucks are so lame....wooohoh

chorus:

The Canucks have no game
The Canucks have no game
I'm still thinking we need Jan Bulis
This team is piss
Gone is team chemistry
Bring back Smolinski
Don't know what else to do.

6-2 Avs tonight. The bleeding continues. May reverse psychology kick in right about now!


Well this is just unbelievable. The Canucks came out with a vengeance tonight and were relatively solid in a 4-3 win over the Avs. What a difference a couple of days makes. The Canucks were gelling, baby. Short, crisp passes, great scoring chances, a mad forecheck, a stellar Luongod, the Sedins come alive... Hopefully they can keep this up. This game was inspiring to watch and is really how the Canucks should play more often.
Good stuff. Hats off to the team for turning this shit around.

Couple Points

-Ryan Kesler continued his inspired play tonight and played over 20 minutes.
-Luongo was plain ol' terrific. No bad goals let in by him. He was solid.
-the Canucks came together as a team tonight. I don't know if they got hammered the night before and went to the strippers, but whatever Vigneault suggested,...worked.
From what I remember, someone on CBC said that Vigneault may or did call out his leaders of the team. They came through tonight.





T Tags:

Labels:

5 Comments:

At November 3, 2007 at 8:23 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's not get to hasty here. I think we all remember what happened the last time there was a blow out score in the Avs favor between these two teams.

 
At November 3, 2007 at 9:36 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

OOOO! Nucks turn it around and win! wow!
Great game! I know, TL, I was just drunkish and angry

 
At November 5, 2007 at 9:02 a.m. , Blogger Drew said...

Man, you need to do a Canucks cover every game if that's the result.

 
At November 5, 2007 at 10:38 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Maybe there is something to that, huh?! :)

 
At November 5, 2007 at 1:45 p.m. , Blogger Jibblescribbits said...

UUUGGGGHHHH.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.