Thursday, October 11, 2007

Disgrace: Flyers 8 Canucks 2

“It has to be preparation,” said Naslund, who finished the night a minus-two. “This is as bad as I’ve seen this team play. We talked about getting back into good habits, like we had last year, but we haven’t done that so far.”
Naslund may have been the best Canuck out there last night. Or at least, showed the most effort, along with the Sedins. But not even close enough of an effort.
I'm not going to dissect last night's loss. Just think of anything that can go wrong for a team in one night and that is what happened.
The Flyers team spent time bonding in Whistler prior to the game and it paid off. They came out flying last night and the Canucks looked unorganized and ....drunk I guess. I pity the fool that actually paid for that PPV game.
At the end of the game we were wondering which player was -4 or worse. I said Kevin Bieksuck, but the truth lies in the boxscore.
Anyone else wishing we still had RJ Umberger (even tho the bastard didn't want to sign here)?? I'm have nothing more to say about last night's disgrace, except that I hope it was a valueable lesson to the Canucks and that I can't believe how well the Flyers are playing already with all that new personnel.
Oh, and that Jesse Boulerice is an asshat for cross checking Kesler in the face. His suspension should be handed down today. What should his suspension be? 20 games?
"I reacted in a bad way - the wrong way," said Boulerice.

For all you Boulerice-haters, this clip of Aaron Downey knocking his bitch-ass out should make you feel better.
BOX SCORE

High er...I mean LOWLIGHTS

T Tags:

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 at 10:30 a.m. , Blogger jimbuff said...

Have the Canucks made an offer to get Cloutier back yet? :)

 
At October 11, 2007 at 10:39 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Pretty hard to balme Louie or Sanford when the fwds and defence played so shitty!!!
Pulling Luongo was done out of mercy and to try get the team going

 
At October 11, 2007 at 11:12 a.m. , Blogger jimbuff said...

Yeah I know - just one of those games.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 11:15 a.m. , Blogger James said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 11:22 a.m. , Blogger James said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 11:26 a.m. , Blogger James said...

Damien Cox has an interesting take on the Boulerice hit:

Link Here

Haven't seen it yet, hopefully youtube has it by now. Sounds like a big dumb goon move, though. Can't argue with the Coxmeister

(gad I had to remember how to use a href=, what a tard, sorry bout the deleted posts there)

 
At October 11, 2007 at 11:32 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I still have problems with the a href tag! Thanks for the link. TSN has the hit on theit highlights of the game. Nasty

 
At October 11, 2007 at 11:37 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Fire Boulerice? I think that is a tad harsh. I think he needs to be a bit more of a repeat offender at the NHL level. I like goons still. But if there is a 3 strike system I'd be down with that.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 1:51 p.m. , Blogger Miss 604 said...

that youtube clip just made me feel *somewhat* better.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 1:59 p.m. , Blogger James said...

Youtubeage of the hit:

Ouch.

20 games minimum? Ridiculous when it was 7-2..

 
At October 11, 2007 at 5:10 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do terrible acts of hockey violence tend to happen in GM Place? And I mean GM Place--when the Brash/McSorley incident happened, I think it was after the team moved from the Coliseum. We're cursed!

 
At October 11, 2007 at 5:11 p.m. , Blogger James said...

The players are upset about the cost of parking around GM Place..

"$3 for 30 minutes?! I KILL JOO!"

 
At October 11, 2007 at 5:18 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Isabella: Bah, Kes just has a bump on his chin!
We could get a bit technical too and talk about how often Ohlund boards players at GM Place :)
The Brashear incident though...wow, I will never forget that.

James: Then he should have crosschecked him in the first period so he could leave earlier!

 
At October 12, 2007 at 3:47 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's because Kesler is strong, like an amazon! You heard me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.