Thursday, September 27, 2007

Zanstorm simulates NHL 08 season: Ducks win the Cup

I was joking about TSN's story about the Sharks winning the Cup when somebody simulated NHL 08 on whatever gaming system, and decided to sim a season myself. Here is what came of it...

Top 3 teams in each conference

West

1. Sharks- 116 points
2. Avalanche- 111 points
3. Hawks- 98 points
Canucks- 5th in the West.

East

1. Senators- 119 points
2. Penguins- 108 points
3. Capitals- 104 points

Scoring Leaders

1. Heatley- 134 points
2. Spezza- 126 points
3. Alfredsson- 125 points
HAHAHAHAHA
Crosby- 10th in League scoring with 112 points, and he played all 82 games.

Canucks scoring leaders

1. Naslund- 101 points (yeah sure)
2. D. Sedin- 88 points
3. H. Sedin- 69 points (72 GP)

Playoffs

Canucks beat the Flames in 7 games in round 1 only to lose to the Kings in 6 games in round 2.

The Ducks win the Stanley Cup, defeating the Rangers in 7 games.

Ryan Getzlaf wins the Conn Smyth Trophy. Bwahahaha.

There you have it.....30 minutes of my life I can't have back!

T Tags:

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At September 27, 2007 at 4:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sham. We all know the Bruins should have won it all with 164 regular season points.

I actually just bought NHL 08 the other night. I was somewhat pleasantly surprised to find it sold out in the stores around me during the first week..."pleasant" meaning that hockey is still apparently a big hit at least in MY part of the country (central NJ).

Anyway, what's the deal with this shooting stick? What a PITA. Maybe I'm just getting older and grumpier, but it seems games have been getting more and more complicated every year. I miss the old days of NHL Hockey on the Sega Genesis where I could fly down the ice with Cam Neely and ram the puck down the goalies' throat to score. Those were the days.

 
At September 27, 2007 at 4:42 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I love the skill stick. But if you want an easier time, put the shooting aim to AUTO.

 
At September 27, 2007 at 5:24 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cripes, I gotta AIM too??

(BTW, now that everyone is probably itching to play the NHL 08 n00b, my Xbox Live account is doob77.)

 
At September 27, 2007 at 7:05 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

XBox? Boooo! PS3 baby!

 
At September 27, 2007 at 8:45 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zany: You weren't singing the praises of the PS3 when I handed you your ass the other night.

Canuck 7, Leafs 2???

You haven't called me back for a re-match, so I assumed you're still licking your wounds, m'eheheh!

It's been one of those weeks, and the weekend looks like shi-ite too. Maybe we'll play again someday!

 
At September 27, 2007 at 8:58 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I have no wounds to lick ya goof!

Hey, we'll have plenty of time to play soon. And I have been practicing! Death to you I say!

Same kind of week for me. Nuts...no sleep. Going to the wedding? Rebecca was over last night and we made a CD for the dance afterwards (non country music). Pretty fun. Should be a grand time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.