Friday, August 31, 2007

Naslund - Linden Fight

Hey, what can I say? I was bored!!! And boredom does crazy things to a man.
So I made a thoughtless little clip about Naslund and Linden.

Just a daydream...but wouldn't it be great if Naslund skated to center ice with Linden at the Canucks' first home game this season and handed the "C" over to him? For sentimental reasons especially? Do any of you even think that Linden would want that? Do you think Naslund would be up for that? It really would be a great gesture and a big honor to Linden.


**UPDATE**Ope...Jan Bulis signed somewhere in Russia today apparently. (Learn Russian) No more love for Bulis in the NHL I guess. Really, he isn't that bad is he???

T Tags:

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 31, 2007 at 5:54 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it happens, it should be prior to the last game of the Stanley Cup Finals...so Linden can lift the cup first.

OK...I'm getting a bit misty thinking of that prospect.

 
At August 31, 2007 at 7:16 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too, GZ.

Geez buddy, when I first saw the picture I was going to harp on you for "stirring the pot" regarding Linden, but I cannot even do that. Admit it, you love him! :-)

As much as I'd like it to happen, we both know it never will. This is Naslund's team, and he has been the centrepiece of the Canucks offence (and more or less the face of the franchise) for the last six years.

The captaincy is his until he retires or signs with another team. And I do think this will be Linden's last year, unless his offensive numbers are better than last years and he proves (to himself and the team) that he can be a consistent offensive threat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.