Tuesday, August 21, 2007

He's back!

The Canucks have signed the wiley iconic leader to a 1 year deal today. Linden will make the base salary $600,000 plus $350,000 in bonuses for games played.

''For the last week or so, I was, for the lack of a better word, getting a little cranky," he laughed. ''Just with the uncertainty, now it focuses in for me..it just puts some closure to it.''
Linden's leadership is valued off the ice, but he stresses that it's more than that.
"I did not want to come back and not have the full support of everyone involved," he said. "This has to be a situation where I'm here on performance."
Expect more gutsy performances from Trevor this season. He'll play like it's his last. Pray that this is the year that the Canucks take home Lord Stanley with Linden going out on a chariot. Wouldn't that be sweet?
Nonis couldn't stop singing Linden's praises today:
''There's no better person that I know of to learn from than him,'' said Nonis. ''But if it was just the locker room I would make him a coach. But he has to be able to play.
Long after he retires we're going to be talking about Trevor and what he brings to this city," Nonis added. "But from a hockey perspective I'm always going to have to sign players that will help us on the ice."


Alright....now how about getting a top 2 center?

T Tags:

Labels:

6 Comments:

At August 21, 2007 at 9:08 p.m. , Blogger Jenny said...

I"m so happy he's back! I checked canucks.com just before I left work this afternoon to come home. I was soooo happy all the way home. Deep down I figured they'd get it down eventually but it just kept dragging on and on.... i was starting to doubt just a little!

So I"m glad its done, he's back one more season at least with Captain Canuck

Good job vigneault and nonis!

 
At August 21, 2007 at 9:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see "Trevor Linden" under the "IN" column on your right hand sidebar.

 
At August 21, 2007 at 11:33 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pray that this is the year that the Canucks take home Lord Stanley with Linden going out on a chariot. Wouldn't that be sweet? "

Um, no.

GO FLAMES!

 
At August 22, 2007 at 1:00 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Jenny: deep down I wasn't sure. But it's hard to deny him after the playoff run he had.

Jin: I wasted no time!

Matt: Although the Flames have made some improvements, I do expect them to be behind the Canucks all season long, sniffing their butts!
Who's the backup in Calgary now? I bet he gets plenty of playing time with Captain Hook behind the bench.

Aucoin=injury prone
Owen Nolan=gandalf the grey
GM Sutter=Prince Charles
Iginla=my bitch!
Odds of Calgary winning the Cup=the same as getting rectal cancer.

 
At August 22, 2007 at 9:31 a.m. , Blogger asdfuhzknůl said...

What about Pavel Bure and Sergio Momesso?

 
At August 22, 2007 at 10:32 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Ah, we could use those 2 in their prime right about now! Momesso was a beast!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.