Saturday, August 04, 2007

Canucks Blogger Contest

I just entered the Canucks.com blogger contest. It is a chance for a Canucks fan/blogger to post articles on the Canucks.com site. I am not sure how I'll do in this competition, but I figured it was worth a shot. One thing that caught my eye that concerned me is the first point that last year's Canucks.com blogger/Eklund site blogger Josh Plummer mentioned in order to succeed:

1. Don’t rip the team or its players. It’s canucks.nhl.com, no one wants to hear about how you think Trevor Linden should retire or how Markus Naslund needs to start producing offensively. Keep it positive.


Hey! That is a lot of my content here on this site! How do I remain positive at times when things are not going well with the team? I can't write a Jan Bulis hate-type article at Canucks.com? Dang! No slamming Naslund's futility? WHAT????
Guess I'll just save that for this site.

Anyways, voting starts on August 12th I believe. Vote for me there, would ya? I would feel priveleged to post there on a regular basis.
Let me put it this way: if you don't vote for me, I will come and find you and smack you on the side of the head. :)
There are a lot of great Canucks bloggers out there so the competition will be stiff. If you are reading this and have entered, good luck to you. You are going to need it! heheh.

T Tags:

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 4, 2007 at 6:09 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

Why would anyone of independant thought want to blog for Canucks.com? Yeah, let's be a corporate shill who can't have their own opinions and link to outside blogs.

 
At August 4, 2007 at 7:48 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Unfortunately it takes being a corporate shill to "move up" in the world sometimes. The constraints of blogging at Canucks.com are concerning to me, since I tend to be an un-politically correct bastard at times and a jackass.
But to restrain myself just for that site and keep my foul-mouthness here is something I am willing to try.
So you can't link to outside blogs, huh? Wasn't aware of that.
That's too bad, cuz every time a Slovak scored I would have linked to you, Jes, heheh.

 
At August 5, 2007 at 7:17 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Don’t rip the team or its players. It’s canucks.nhl.com, no one wants to hear about how you think Trevor Linden should retire or how Markus Naslund needs to start producing offensively. Keep it positive.

And that, my friend, is the difference between bloggers and beat reporters.

Look at it this way, you can sell out briefly by posting a feel good fluff piece and then once you get the traffic coming over to the site, then you can smack them upside the head with photshops of Dave Nonis' head on Paris Hilton's body.

 
At August 5, 2007 at 1:08 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Haha! Or Trevor Linden's head on top of George Burn's body!

I'm sure I'd be fired on the spot or the post would be removed.

I still want to see how far I'd get in a competition though. Plus I'd make that sacrifice of restraining myself to blog at Canucks.com, even if it was difficult. If that makes me a suck or a sellout then so be it. It's a challenge to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.