Friday, June 01, 2007

Taylor "Ladies' Man" Pyatt signs for 2 years

(Reported on TSN) Taylor Pyatt is not taking the Anson Carter Express out of Vancouver. He has agreed to a 2-year deal worth $3 million. This is only $300,000 more than what he refused to accept earlier in the season, and 1 year less longer in duration. I think it is fair to say that $1.5 million is a fair price for Pyatt and it is what most people thought he would get or was worth, especially considering his 23-goal season. Even if he doesn't spend as much time with the Sedins he is worth that amount. His play has gotten better the more time he spends on the Vancouver team.
Nice work by Nonis, as usual.


Elsewhere:
The Flames have signed Matt Lombardi to a 3-year deal and Markus Nilson to a 2-year contract. Terms for both were not disclosed.

The Hurricanes have signed Glen Wesley to a 1-year contract worth $1.4 million. The wiley vet will probably finish his career in Carolina.

Thrasher's GM Don Waddell is "not ruling anything out" but may not offer Keith Tkachuk a deal by July 1, making Tkachuk up for grabs on the UFA market. Do you think the Blues will resign him?

Apparently Alanis Morrisette is going to sing the national anthems prior to Game 4 on Monday night. Hopefully she doesn't have a problem with anthems like she apparently has with Fergie's lumps.





Maybe she'll be naked for the anthem singing, throw a few F-bombs in there, and then float away on her magic carpet. Just a thought. It could be a good luck charm, if you believe in that kind of shite!

T Tags:

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At June 1, 2007 at 3:23 p.m. , Blogger James said...

Good price for Pyatt, that'll keep him in eyeliner for a while..

As for Keith "fatty" Tkachuk, if teams were smart they wouldnt sign him in the offseason. Let him show up to a training camp or two all full of beer and BBQ, and spend a couple months sweating it out with a trainer before someone grabs him up. He's been woefully out of shape the last couple of octobers!

 
At June 1, 2007 at 4:17 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I personally hate the bastard. I hope he rots in overweight hell! :)
I have a couple friends who played celebrity baseball with him in the Winnipeg days. They said he was an arrogant jackass! Their father, Irwin Barker was a standup comedian and had connections!

 
At June 2, 2007 at 8:41 a.m. , Blogger american oil said...

Alanis naked and dropping f bombs is still a huge improvement over Stills (Crosby, Stills, and Nash) singing the American anthem during Game 1. Make me consider moving back to Canada, just so that I wouldn't have to suffer through that embarrassment again.

 
At June 2, 2007 at 11:56 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Hey, I didn't say I DIDN'T want Morissette to sing naked and curse! :)

I missed the American anthem in game 1. Was it that bad?

 
At June 2, 2007 at 12:36 p.m. , Blogger american oil said...

Oh yes, it was truely that bad. I was seriously debating tossing in the towel and heading north.

However, then I remembered he became popular in an era that was filled with drug fueled gatherings...so it kinda made sense that he sucked the life out of the song.

Still glad I have that landed immigrancy (sp) card from Canada, might just need to utilize that.

 
At June 2, 2007 at 3:15 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Well I didn't like the Ducks' American Anthem singer. She has a terrific voice, but the part where she hits that annoying note and then sings "Oh say does that star..." part is absolutely dumb!!! :)

 
At June 2, 2007 at 3:22 p.m. , Blogger american oil said...

I figure there is a problem when I sing the Canadian Anthem loudly at our local games but oddly silent during the American one....it is just impossible to sing. I just claim it is a throw back from my days in University in Canada.

Of course if I did sing it I would sound more like Roseanne Barr then anyone else (if you don't know that reference...you tube...it was horrible).

I have to TiVo the game tonight as I have my own hockey to attend to, but I am looking forward to watching Alanis (as well as the rest of the game) later tonight!

 
At June 3, 2007 at 1:12 a.m. , Blogger RevTrevK said...

Nonis...great move getting Pyatt to resign. At least Pyatt is smarter than Carter. Signing a guaranteed 2 yr contract. What will Carter sign for next yr? $700,000?

Tkachuk will be a Blue next season which will have helped the franchise BIG time with the help St.L already got from ATL.

They got to make a rule that once traded you cannot go back to that team for at least one year.

Personally I think Alanis was hilarious here doing this video. But if she could keep her clothes on I would appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.