Thursday, June 14, 2007

NHL Awards: One-liners of the night / Observations

Ron MacLean: "As you know it's a little easier to get a penalty nowadays. I'm not saying the standard is spreading, but not even the Sopranos got whacked."

After MacLean shows some images of Jagr laughing at his jokes at last year's awards, Ron quips: "I don't know what I said that was so funny. Probably said 'backchecking'."

Crosby looks like his mom.

Franke Selke Jr to Gilmour: "Hey, you look nice tonight, but you always looked better in the blue and white."
Amen to that.

Mrs. Lidstrom.........

Ron MacLean: "The next award is the Vezina, there are 4 finalists for the first time in history. So there's a greater chance of you sitting next to a loser tonight!"

Did you see the look on Luongo's face when Brodeur was announced the winner of the Vezina? It looked like he wanted to whack him and let the crows eat his caracass.

Did you see Kelly Hrudey gawking at Trish Stratus?? Or was he eyeing George Stromboulopolous?

Gordie Howe: "It's hard to believe that anybody can give (playing hockey) up. If they they do I hit them in the back of the head with a stick."

Can these awards shows get any more boring? MacLean did well, but all of the other script writing was terrible.

T Tags:

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 14, 2007 at 10:39 p.m. , Blogger James said...

I salute you for watching it, but it could not have been more boring than the NBA finals being mercifully closed out tonite. I tuned in for 5 minutes and aged about 5 years. And I normally love basketball!

Friggin' Spurs..

 
At June 15, 2007 at 12:00 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Ah, a hoops fan, huh?
I like to play it, but I sure as hell don't watch it!

 
At June 15, 2007 at 11:22 a.m. , Blogger PB said...

I think Luongo should have won the Vezina.

Yes, Brodeur is the consummate goaltender, but I can't imagine a goaltender meaning more to his team than Luongo was/is to the Canucks.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for writing this, but I don't think Brodeur was as solid as he was in past years.

But what do I know?

 
At June 17, 2007 at 2:39 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

"Yes, Brodeur is the consummate goaltender, but I can't imagine a goaltender meaning more to his team than Luongo was/is to the Canucks"

That may be true in a sense, but I still say Brodeur was better. C'mon man, 12 fucking shutouts! Brodeur is grande!
The Nucks played pretty well in front of Luongo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.