Sunday, April 15, 2007

Canucks 2 Stars 1 (OT)

Period 1

You know, this isn't going to cut it. The Stars are back to their usual tricks, shutting the Canucks down, keeping everything to the outside and out-muscling them. Luongo had to be much better than Turco in the first and the second period seems to be about the same. I got a bad feeling. The Canucks are not playing desperate either.

Period 2


Sure enough, the Stars continued their dominance in the second frame, and were rewarded by a Stu Barnes deflection.
As soon as that happened, we finally started seeing some desperation from Vancouver.
How many penalties is Bieksa going to take before I drive down to Dallas and and kick him in hte damned teeth? Fuck!
You get the feeling that the first team that scores in this series wins every game.
Roberto Luongo has been unbelievable. Those saves in the second period were phenomenal.

3rd Period

And those saves were game-saving because the Bulis-Hansen connection has struck again! What a great rebound goal.
The Canucks are showing way more hustle now. They have adjusted to Turco as well. Their shoot-ins are away from Turco so he can't play the puck. Also, the Nucks are getting pucks on net. The shots are along the ice so that Turco lets out rebounds. This could bode well for us in OT.
Oh God, is this going to be another marathon?

OVERTIME

Nope! No marathon here! The Canucks keep the pressure on in OT, and Taylor Pyatt rifles a shot past Turco at 7:47. Linden and Smolinski get the assist on the game-winner. Right..the Linden-Smoke-Pyatt-Riot Line, who I thought were mostly invisible tonight.
Hey, we'll take it. I don't give a fuck who scores as long as we win!
What a turnaround by Vancouver.

My 3 Stars

1. Luongo
2. Turco
3. Pyatt

Pyatt gets the 3rd star because of his winning goal, but it really could have been Jannik Hansen, who was the best Canuck tonight. Bulis was a close second. Yeah, Jan fucking Bulis.

After Pyatt scored the winner, myself and my friends were jumping up and down, and Milo, the Jack Russel Terrier in the room jumped up and bit me in the stomach while I was celebrating. I kid you not. The little fucker left a mark on my guts! So during the celebration I grabbed the dog by his fur and was scolding him. Guess you had to be there.



T Tags:

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At April 15, 2007 at 9:56 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P Y A T T ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

 
At April 16, 2007 at 12:06 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I don't believe it!

 
At April 16, 2007 at 12:30 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I was loving the Linden hit on Sydor as well.
Suck it, Sydor! Yeehaw!

 
At April 16, 2007 at 1:09 a.m. , Blogger Jenny said...

that hit on sydor was awesome! :)

i had to work tonite, but cbc was streaming the game online - so lucky it was slow/very slow i didn't get much work done!!!

Jan BUlis - I've been impressed with him so far in the playoffs! Jannick Hansen! WOW totally playing above my expectations of him

Pyatt, what can I say, he scores the game winner in a game that I seriously thought Dallas would win, once they had opened the scoring.

Lost in all the kerfuffle - the key saves by Roberto Luongo !!!

WOW !!!!!

 
At April 16, 2007 at 10:35 a.m. , Blogger Beaner said...

The pressure is too much for me to handle.....All the games....I had a dream last night that the Islanders beat Buffalo in tonights game 6-1. Oh gawd......here we go, I'll be outta the playoff pool before the second round

 
At April 16, 2007 at 10:50 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I fucking hate Pittsburgh so much that I now hate Gary Roberts for playing there! And I once thought that there was no damned way I could hate Roberts. He's one of my faves.
I can see how it stresses you out. That series could still go either way.
But screw you. I have Sens in my pools! Go Sens go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.