Saturday, March 17, 2007

Red Wings ride into town

If there are ever Canucks games I look forward to, it's the games against the hated Red Wings. These games are rarely dull and full of competitive fire. I expect tonight's game to be the same.
The Canucks have beat the Dead Wings twice this season in 3 games. The 2 wins were in Detroit. The Red Wings beat the Canucks 3-2 at the Garage on November 14. I wonder if the continuing trend of the road team winning these games will continue.
Detroit is going to be a handful. They have just come off of back to back wins against Nashville to take 1st spot in the Central. That was no small task.
In those 2 games:
-Datsyuk had 3 assists, and has 2 goals and 13 assists in a 9-game point streak.
-Jiri Hudler has come alive, scoring the game winner in both games and recording 3 goals and 1 assist altogether.
-Robert Lang had 1 goal and 3 assists.
-Kyle Calder had 1 goal and 3 assists.

Since January 26, the Wings are 15-3-3. They continue to roll even when Chris Osgood plays between the pipes, and especially when Henrik Zetterberg is still out of the lineup with back spasms.

I am concerned about the Canucks' chances. Their inability to shut teams down recently is not acceptable. As soon as the Blues made a comeback in the 3rd period last game, the Nucks were panicking and blew a 2-0 lead. I'd like to see them score first against the Wings tonight and then bury them. I don't want to see defensive lapses.
This Wings team is playing better than the Wings team from earlier in the season. Not to be too negative, but I don't see the Canucks winning this one unless they shape up and really come out hard against Detroit.

My call: 5-3 Red Wings.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At March 17, 2007 at 3:30 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the only blogger I know that consistently predicts the score against his team.

Baffling, really.

4-1 Canucks

Naslund (2), Cooke, Bieksa

Linden fights Holmstrom
Cowan fights Bootland
Luongo laughs at Hasek
Chelios suffers from arthritis

 
At March 17, 2007 at 4:09 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I do not consistently predict against the Nucks at all! I think I predict both ways and slant more towards the Nucks.
I'm not going to be a moron about it. I am a realist.
So, THAT is my consistency.

 
At March 17, 2007 at 4:46 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

And just to prove it, I researched my predictions since January. In the 12 games that I made predictions, 8 times I predicted the Canucks to win, 7 times I predicted the right team to win, and only once have a gotten the score correct.
Suck on that, boyeeee!

 
At March 17, 2007 at 5:41 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, 4 out of 12? That's 33%! Pretty darn consistent if you ask me :-) This lack of homerism is quite disconcerting. I'd say it's the mark of a bandwagon fan, but I don't know what the stats are on your Leaf predictions :-)

Compared to the lesser-known bloggers at the Battle blogs, you are practically treasonous with your predictions!

 
At March 17, 2007 at 6:20 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Well I would hate to sound like as much of a homer as they are!
Their predictions are picked with their hearts and not their minds!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.