Thursday, March 22, 2007

Crosby reacts to Bryan Murray's complaint

From the Pittsburgh Tribune:

"He should get his facts straight," Crosby said after the Penguins practiced at the Rye Playland ice arena. "I wasn't even talking to him. If he's going to say anything, he should be honest and say what he said and move on. If he doesn't want to do that, if he wants to start something with me, I'm not going to be a part of it. If he wants to say stuff, he should get his facts straight."

Mark Recchi came to the defence of Crosby, and questioned Murray's antics.
"Obviously, we know Sid's a top player in this league, and he's going to be a focal point, but when people keep attacking the person, it doesn't make any sense to me at all," Recchi said. "Especially when it's a person like Bryan Murray, who's been around a long time and should know better than that. It's pretty sad when stuff like that happens.
"I know Bryan. He's a nice man. I don't know why he would even start something like that."

I think Pens' coach Michel Therrien said it best:
"I'm sure we're going to have enough time to talk about Bryan Murray in the next week or so," Therrien said. "I'm never going to appreciate a coach talking to one of my players. Let the players get emotionally involved in a game. Coaches have to coach. When I see a coach trying to get involved emotionally with one of my players, I'm going to step up. ... Let the players play. Let the coaches coach."

Crosby and the Pens are not the only ones telling Bryan Murray to get his facts straight.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2007 at 3:30 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

Sounds like a non-issue to me :-)

Off topic... but Mike Wall is on the front page of the Interior News. Apparently he scored an empty-net goal last week! Good for him :-)

I think if he hadn't had the misfortune of playing on the Ducks (only saw ice time when Giggy and Bryz were injured) and then getting traded to the Avs (Budaj is #1 with Stinky Theodore #2), he would probably be a capable back-up. Maybe next year the Avs will find a way to dump Theodore so Wall can get more NHL experience.

 
At March 23, 2007 at 7:51 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crosby was later heard to say about Murray, "Ah, fuck him."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.