Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Around the NHL

BLUES
Brad Boyes is feeling good in St. Lou. He has 6 points in his last 3 games.

"I feel so good out there," said Boyes. "I have so much confidence back. I'm able to make a play. I'm allowed to make a play, to carry the puck in. Back to being creative. That's something that got away from me in Boston. Before, it was get rid of it and hope you don't screw up."


HURRICANES
Anson Carter is remaining positive about being a healthy scratch.
"I've been in the game 11 years," Carter said. "In a situation like this when the team's healthy, especially after winning the Stanley Cup the year before, you're going to look to those guys. It's up to me to stay sharp in practice until I get my shot again. ...

"I look at it as a positive. It was a difficult transition coming in here not really knowing the guys. This gives me a chance to get to know every one, get to know the practices and watch a few games to get a sense of what we're trying to do on the ice."
Whatever. You suck.

AVALANCHE
Ah. Isn't it great seeing the Avalanche on the outside looking in for once?

STARS
Brendan Morrow, who had tendons in his wrist cut by a skate in late December, is eyeing a return to the Stars lineup on Saturday.

OILERS
The anatomy of the Oilers' losing streak is found here. Check it out and weap...or laugh.

PANTHERS
Reality is setting in on the Panthers.

KINGS
The Kings are not rushing Anze Kopitar (lower back) back into the lineup. He should be out for another 2 weeks.

WILD
In regards to Manny Fernandez playing again, Jacques Lemaire said:
"I just don't want to start to gamble."
Meaning, he has 2 great goalies in Backstrom and Harding and doesn't want to throw in a goalie who hasn't played since January in these important games.

PREDATORS
Martin Erat suffered a sprained knee last night against the Wings and will be out for 4 weeks. Forsberg needed company I guess...

ISLANDERS
Rick Dipietro collided with Steve Begin last night and suffered a minor head injury. He was taken to the hospital and released. No word on his status, except for head aches.

This video is for the guys. Check it!

SHARKS
With 3 goals and 1 assist last night after going 6 games without, is Bill Guerin going to light it up with the Sharks now?

FLYERS
GM Paul Holmgren has gutted and then re-assembled the Flyers in one season, and has done a damned fine job of it. As a reward, he got a 2-year extension today.

CANUCKS
Willie Mitchell said this about his groin injury:
"I just don't want to do what I did the last time," he said. "So we're being cautious about it. It's day-to-day, but it shouldn't be too long, that's for sure."
Looking forward to your return, Willie.
Santala, meanwhile, has shoulder spasms after being hit from behind by Anaheim's Dustin Penner early in Sunday's defeat. The Finn finished the game and made it through part of Monday's practice before retreating to the medical room.
Aw shucks. Why couldn't his shoulder be separated?! Yes, I'm mean.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.