Monday, February 19, 2007

The Ultimate Fan Post at Canucks.com

(Thanks to Temujin for the tip)

A super Canucks fan named Pfizer (who I believe lives in Japan) has created a mega post on Canucks.com forums that you will not believe until you see it. It is all about the Canucks' 1994 playoff run and especially the finals. Pfizer had recorded alot of the news, highlights, fan appreciation ceremonies on VHS and converted them to DVD and then YouTube. As well, he posted newspaper clippings, and pictures of some of his memorabilia from that year.
Do you want to relive the 1994 Cup run? I hear it is too painful for many Canucks fans to watch, but get a grip on yourself! Check out Pfizer's wizardry, and celebrate that Canucks team's phenomenal run. It was perhaps the best Stanley Cup Finals in history.
I have been wanting to do the same thing, as far as converting all of my VHS hockey footage onto YouTube to share it with everyone. I have every Stanley Cup clinching game on tape since 1974. I'll probably do that in the offseason.
Anyway, thanks Pfizer for sharing your collection! Below are 2 video clips from his post. The is the celebratory video of the Canucks' playoff run that was shown at fan appreciation day. The second is a great compilation made of the Canucks' run with a bit of a twist to it.











Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 9, 2009 at 1:28 p.m. , Blogger kissxmyxsass said...

Hi Sean,

One of my friends is a diehard Canucks fan and has been looking for the Canadian broadcasts of the 1994 Stanley Cup games for a long time. For his birthday, I'd really like to surprise him and get these tapes for him. Your post mentions you have all of the Stanley Cup games from 1974 onwards. Would you be willing to consider copying another VHS set or digitizing the 1994 tapes? I would be more than happy to pay for your efforts, production costs, and shipping. Please let me know. I can be reached at xiang.li3@gmail. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Xiang

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.