Thursday, February 22, 2007

Kings / Canucks Preview

I sure hope the Canucks better get a better result tonight against the Kings than they did last time these 2 teams played on January 26th.(highlight vid) The Kings won that game 3-2 in OT, outshooting the Nucks 43-39. That was the game where Sean Burke out-played Roberto Luongo, and Alex Folov scored 2 goals including the OT winner. It also was a game where the Canucks came out of the gate slow, after coming home from their successful Eastern road trip.
Tonight could be the same scenario in a way. The Canucks defeated the Ducks in an emotional game on Tuesday night, getting Dany Sabourin his first win. I would almost expect a slow start in Los Angeles tonight. Hope I'm wrong.
Once again, this game is a must win situation. The Kings are in the Western Conference basement, and are mostly motivated to be spoilers at this point. The Canucks need to respect the speedy LA offence and come out skating hard tonight, or they may fall behind 2-0 early like last game.
I have a good feeling about tonight's outcome after praying to Luongod today. He says he'll face alot of shots again tonight, but will only let in 2. So in that case the Canucks will win this one 5-2.








Just to be sure, I played a game of Blades of Steel this afternoon. I was Vancouver and the computer was Los Angeles. I was up 5-1 when the Kings decided to get all "Miracle on Manchester" on my ass, and went up 6-5. A successful penalty shot later followed by sustained pressure, I managed to win the game 9-6. More good karma for Vancouver tonight! (heheh)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 at 3:06 p.m. , Blogger Jenny said...

I have a good feeling about this game as well :D I dont know if its cuz I really want them to win, or what - but i think it will be a good game!

GO CANUCKS

 
At February 22, 2007 at 3:37 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

I have a good feeling about tonight's outcome after praying to Luongod today.

I often find a spiritual peace and after praying to Luongod also. What a mighty Luongod we serve.

Seems you and I both have plenty of time for prayer these days... both of us are temporarily off work! Booo!

 
At February 22, 2007 at 4:06 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Well, I'm at work, just hardly working AT work!

If praying to Luongod is meditation, Canuck games are like going to church, and I selflessly tithe my loyalties to the Canucks more than 10%, then I'm going to heaven FOR SURE!!!

Oh I forgot. I also partake in Communion during every game! Except it's rum and coke, not wine! Close enough!

 
At February 22, 2007 at 5:16 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

It's the spirit of the thing. I mean, it's not like the rum and pizza actually turns into the body and blood of Luongo.

That's just plain silly.

 
At February 22, 2007 at 8:33 p.m. , Blogger Jenny said...

you guys are crazy :D haha I love it :D

i'm also at work, hardly working :D haha

Linden just scored WOO HOO

 
At February 22, 2007 at 9:35 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I got a bad feeling with the 3rd halfway over. The Kings are coming on strong and the Nucks are on their heels.
Luongod help us!

 
At February 22, 2007 at 11:39 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Oh man! The Nucks win again! The Battle of California has been won by the Canucks!! Woohooo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.