Tuesday, January 09, 2007

GM's love affair with Nedved laughable

I guess Muckler really was miffed over the whole Nedved-signing.
From the Edmonton Sun last week (yeah, old news):

While sources confirm Ottawa made a claim for the 35-year-old Nedved, the club wasn't the only team disappointed to learn he'll join the Oilers for the second time in his career. Sources say the arch-rival Toronto Maple Leafs also put in a claim because they badly need help at centre with Michael Peca out, and wanted to keep Nedved from going to the Senators.

Alright, so I don't mind that Nedved went to the rival Oilers because I don't like him. But if John Ferguson Jr would have signed that bum, I would have walked out into the street and shot myself. It was bad enough that he signed Lindros last year!!
Muckler wanted Nedved? Who fucking cares? Let them have him! It angers me for the Sun to suggest that the Leafs wanted to keep Nedved from going to Ottawa. Either the Sun is guessing, or JFJ is a complete mindless idiot, or both. Let's not overrate Pete. He is in decline, he is heartless, and when he isn't playing with Kovalev, Lemieux or Jagr, his offensive output is lackluster. I think teams are better off letting youth enter their lineup than adding a player like Nedved.
Hope you enjoy him, Edmonton! Good luck.

3 Comments:

At January 9, 2007 at 2:32 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother in law has this irrational hatred for Petr Nedved, possibly because he was drafted by the Canucks when they could've drafted basically ANYONE ELSE. So it makes me glad to see him going to the Oilers, because this year I'm gunning for Edmonton to crash and burn. They already have Roloson on their team; might as well stack up with the rest of the players the King family hates.

 
At January 9, 2007 at 6:54 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I wasn't a Nuck fan back then as much. My hatred for Nedved spans from the time he played for the damn Penguins!
Plus I think he's gutless!
Actually, Nedved's stats didn't look too bad in Vancouver, but wasn't he a holdout?

Your full name is Isabella King? Now THAT is the coolest name I've heard in a while, no joke! That's a prime minister-style of name, kind of like Imelda Marcos!
(Yeah, I've lost it)

 
At January 9, 2007 at 11:51 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zany, are you drunk?

Because I am :-)

Sure Nedved had a couple of good season in Vancouver, but he was never "da shit" like he was supposed to be. His linemates were uber-good in Vancouver too... Greg Adams in his prime and Trevor Linden.

Or was it Ronning and Bure?

Either way, he was supposed to be a fifty goal guy and he never panned out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.