Monday, January 08, 2007

Canuck Poll at Half Point

I saw a poll last week on Sportsnet that raised an interesting question.

This season, how would you rate the Canucks' performance?

A. Less than what you expected
B. What you expected
C. Exceeding what you expected


The Canucks are exceeding my expectations this season. With a decent winning streak and being a few points ahead of Calgary in first spot in the Northwest Division, I have to say: I did not see this coming. I predicted the Canucks to finish 10th. To quote myself:

10. Canucks. Sorry, Nuck fans, but this is a realistic projection. Luongo may be good , but the Canucks are going to score less, and have to re-adjust to Vigneault's new defensive system and new lines. Anything better than 10th will be a pleasant suprise. Hope it happens.

Ok, so I'm suprised, and WRONG so far on the standings. But it's too early to start crying yet.

4 Comments:

At January 8, 2007 at 3:46 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You weren't that far off - a 4 point drop and it's back to 10th. That division is just nuts!

Meanwhile...ya gots any quick cures for intestinal flu viruses?

 
At January 8, 2007 at 5:02 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

UHH....shit yourself....LOTS!

 
At January 8, 2007 at 10:43 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What RC said, plus Calgary has a couple or three games in hand. At the beginning of the year I had no predictions for this team, because there were just to many question marks. In my opinion, they could have been anywhere from 1st to 12th in the conference.

I am pleasantly surprised, but much of that has to do with the recent winning streak. Three weeks ago I was kinda bummed about the team's progress.

 
At January 9, 2007 at 1:56 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, didn't I wish one of your teams a New Years winning streak in my Xmas post. Glad it's not the Leafs right now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.