Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fergie singing the national anthem at a Kings game

The things you can find when snooping through YouTube. I guess Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) was in a group called Wild Orchid for about 10 years, before joining the Black Eyed Peas in 2002. That was a pretty soulful rendition of the American anthem for sure. It looked like it was about 1996, because I could see Sandis Ozolinsh on the Colorado bench.
Fergie's voice continues to blow my mind. It seems so effortless for her reach the highest of notes, as you could hear in the anthem. I just never tire of her powerful pipes and hip attitude.
What I do grow tired of, is the whole hip hop and rap scene, and the fact that a natural talent like Fergie, in my opinion, wastes her skills on garbage music. I think her vocal skills could take her alot farther now that she has released a solo album, yet she is still, in some aspects, clinging to the funky, yet lame style that the Black-Eyed Peas have. Check out her new latest video and see if you agree with me or not. It is groovy, but is brainless, much like the Pussy Cat Dolls.

4 Comments:

At November 12, 2006 at 5:36 p.m. , Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Yep, I like Fergie's... voice too.

 
At November 12, 2006 at 6:22 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

Craig Billington in net for the Avs, LOL!

 
At November 12, 2006 at 6:24 p.m. , Blogger HG said...

That's funny.

hey zanstorm, would you mind adding me to your links list? I couldn't find an email addy for you to contact you that way.

 
At November 12, 2006 at 6:42 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I can think of 2 other reasons that I like Fergie.....
hockeygirl, why yes i can do that for ya. I have a lack of Flames bloggers on ma roll!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.