Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ducks 6 Canucks 0

Well, I admit it...I was wrong..I was way off. The Ducks had their way with the Canucks tonight. But let me keep this short, because it is not worth discussing.
The problems tonight revolved around:

1. Roberto Luongo not playing like his superstar self. I realize that the first goal went off Matt Cooke's skate. But after that, Bobby looked human, and he is not paid $6 million to be human. He was pulled after allowing 3 goals on 9 shots. Pathetic. Not good enough. The Canucks needed him to hold them in this one.

2. The Canucks are not getting enough scoring from....well..anybody right now. The Sedins are completely neutralized, and have been for several games now. And the supporting cast is not providing support, offensively.

The bottom line is that the Canucks are good defensively, but are not going anywhere without the offence providing goals...end of story.

PS...Hey Earl, go easy on me! I'm fragile.

3 Comments:

At November 10, 2006 at 12:55 a.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

PS...Hey Earl, go easy on me! I'm fragile.

OK, all I'll point out is that Sabourin had better stats than Luongo.

And Joe DiPenta had better stats than the Sedin line.

 
At November 10, 2006 at 6:05 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ, even that picture of Sabourin in the prone Cloutier position hurts.

 
At November 11, 2006 at 3:30 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

HAha! Yeah but he stopped that one, right?
Tahnks for the DiPenta stat, Earl....depressing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.