Thursday, October 19, 2006

Kids thrash it up.

A break from hockey for a minute.....My brother just sent me this video. How old are these kids? 11? I've never seen kids do something this cool. The song is 'Refuse/Resist' by Sepultura. Noise to most of you I bet, but music to MY ears!
Couple things... 1) these dudes are Brazilian as is Sepultura. Sepultura is a cult hit in Brazil.
2) I think they are copying the live version, so the first line he yells is 'fuck shit up!'
3) How about the drummer? Holy crap! He's using a double bass pedal! Total skills at an early age!

2 Comments:

At October 20, 2006 at 6:22 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I remember playing Sepultura's 'Desperate Cry' when I was a kid on drums. And that kid seems to be playing a similar song it with almost no effort. Fuck I'm old...

 
At October 20, 2006 at 12:42 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

No way! I bet I'm the same age as you. We are spring chickens!
Sepultura was so good, huh?
Desperate Cry was one of my fave Sepultura songs. But I heard the Arise album before I heard "Beneath the Remains." As soon as I heard BTR, nothing compared to it.

Cools site you have, by the way. A Canuck fan in New York? That's worse than me being a Leaf fan in BC! Good on ya though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.