Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

Click on all photos to enlarge them considerably.

Winter has reared its ugly head in our hometown of Smithers in the past 24 hours. It looks to have snowed about 13-16 inches in that time frame. It could be a record for the day: October 27th and 28th.




This is completely out of the ordinary for us. I don't think we have seen snow like this in October since Michael Jackson was 'cool.' Nowadays, with global warming, we pray for a white Christmas, as the impending snowfall that doesn't melt usually arrives just prior to Christmas. Our kick ass ski hill, which is nearing a serious upgrade, could open sooner than it's November 24th projected time. Excellent! I'm shining my skiis already!



Alas, with all the joys of the 'white shit' comes PROBLEMS and WORK. I heard from a police officer last night that there were 27 vehicle accidents about 3/4 of the way through the storm. Most people were not ready for this. Some didn't have winter tires on, and others were still driving like it was July. Reminds me of Vancouverites!
I am very thankful that I don't have a longer driveway. But with all the shovelling I did this morning, I feel like I'm ready to challenge Minnesota Wild goon Derek Boogaard to a scrap. We'll see after a couple rum and cokes. My neighbor and I are going to try build a 'Great Wall' between our driveways if this snow continues!
Can you see the dog in the background (center left of the bottom picture)? I get this feeling that one of these days he's going to take a chunk out of my leg...I don't trust him.

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2006 at 4:35 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice weather! Doesn't make me miss it there one bit! Although it has snowed a bit in Calgary too this fall, but nothin' like that!

Oh well, I guess you'll have to stay in tonight and watch the Flames beat on Hamhuis and those Predators.

Cheers!

 
At October 28, 2006 at 7:07 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Hey Matt!
I don't know about the Preds losing tonight. There are too many BC boys on that club to lose!
Hey, how are the Flames doing anyways? Getting frustrated yet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.