Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hurricanes raise Cup banner, then lose to Sabres

That was cool. The first bit of regular season hockey I watched today was the Stanley Cup banner being raised in Carolina. It was like picking up where we left off last spring. It still gave me that chilling feeling this afternoon, seeing the Cup being brought to center ice and then the banner being raised, as well as the Division and Conference Champion banners. It was a great moment again tonight for the Hurricane organization and their fans.
Speaking of fans, the Acid Queen was at that game tonight, and she was joking on her blog that she would be wearing riot gear! I don't think she has made it home yet, but check her site out for abit of insight into the game tonight from a Caniac who was there.
The Sabres won the game in the shootout, with Daniel Briere scoring a highlight reel goal to give the Sabres the win.

3 Comments:

At October 4, 2006 at 8:55 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously loved Briere's shot. I just thought it was beautiful. Ryan Miller and Cam Ward were both solid tonight, though it seems to me Ward's more acrobatic and Miller barely bats a lash--he makes it look so easy! (Even if we all know it isn't)... but then again, I only caught the third period (thanks to complications on public transportation)...

 
At October 4, 2006 at 8:58 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To clarify, I don't mean to say that Ward is more acrobatic or agile; just that he's incredibly acrobatic whereas Miller was like a wall... the last bit I saw, he just made everything appear effortless. Different styles, I guess...

 
At October 4, 2006 at 9:48 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Yeah, you bet. I didn't get to see that game, but I sure saw Briere pull Ward's pants down!
What I really liked about tonight's action so far is how goalies like Ward, Gerber, Raycroft, and Ward all responded with good outings after being 'critisized' in the preseason for mediocre play.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.