Tuesday, September 19, 2006

PHEW...DRAFT IS OVER


After an intense couple of hours, we completed our inaugural "Waiting for Stanley" hockey pool. Needless to say, most guys picked home team favorites instead of the best player available. What followed, was a some of the nastiest trash talk I've ever witnessed. Earl Sleek, of the famous Battle of California, and Tapeleg, of Jerseys and hockey love, really took a pounding and had only swear words and bitter comments to help ease their pain. I was nice enough to make a trade with Earl to even up our teams and keep him interested...at least until the season starts. Poor Tapeleg was tired, grumpy, and unwilling to move a single player...poor Tapeleg, could be a long long season.

WFS will be publishing pool stats all year.

5 Comments:

At September 20, 2006 at 7:54 a.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

Your lies are sad, Hodge, most likely brought on by a severe hangover, and draft regret.

 
At September 20, 2006 at 8:26 a.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

Aw, you forgot about Beaner crying herself to sleep.

 
At September 20, 2006 at 11:30 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I think that my strategy of picking D last is still going to prevail by the end of the year. My forwards kick your butts!

 
At September 20, 2006 at 7:30 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Barring any injury, my team is far from 'average.' Looking at it just now, I can't believe I scooped so many great players!

 
At September 20, 2006 at 9:26 p.m. , Blogger Doogie2K said...

If Malkin's okay, my team's going to deep-fry all your asses.

Just sayin'.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.