Tuesday, September 12, 2006

CANADIENS TO RETIRE TWO JERSEYS


The Canadiens will hold a press conference on Wednesday to announce the retiring of Ken Dryden and Serge Savard's numbers.
This brought about feelings of anger inside of me, being a Leafs fan, since the Leafs don't retire many jerseys. I believe the Bruins have retired more jerseys than the Habs have (10 Bruins jerseys to 7 Habs jerseys)! So come T.O....get moving!
Dryden (#29) and Savard (#18) will join the likes of #1 Jacques Plante, #2 Doug Harvey, #4 Jean Beliveau, #7 Howie Morenz, #9 Maurice Richard, #10 Guy Lafleur, and #16 Henri Richard in the rafters.
Be sure to check out Eyes on the Prize in the next day or so. I'm sure Reality Check will have a good post on these 2 guys soon. I'll bet Savard's spinorama will be included. I'm just glad I scooped him on a Hab story!
***Anouncement cancelled due to college shootings***

2 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 at 8:32 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

HAHA, true Savard was #18 and spinneroonied as well! Hilarious!
Ah you know I'm just bugging you, RC.

 
At September 13, 2006 at 10:11 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

me neither, just posted a blurp on it, and the Kozlov signing. What a great start to the week for news! I was getting bored lately!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.